Chapter 2

I got out of math and was making my way to acting class, my second period.

I really enjoy acting class it's the one class that I could be myself in and not worry about people judging me. Even though we haven't done any acting exercises I still like it. I'm always learning new acting stuff in that class. Like how to control your facial expression or how to pretend your in a another world when your acting; basically stuff like that.

The downside is that Alex is in that class and just the thought of him in the same room as me makes me upset. But since he's in the back of the class I have the advantage of not seeing his face.

I walk into class early as always, and sit a my empty desk. I look around for Ms. Matildi, until I see her coming out of the closet. She's probably around 27 years old. She always has her hair up in a messy sophisticated bun with earrings always matching her outfits and her outfits always matching. Ms. Matildi is the acting teacher and I can say that she's pretty good at it. With all the notes we've been doing it really shows that she knows a lot about acting.

And honestly when ever I meet a new acting teacher and I see how good he/she is I really wonder why they haven't gone to launch there career as a professional actor and act on shows or sold out ticket plays. But I guess that's just personal.

I really want to become famous and be on some TV show or movie. But its really not about the money or fame I might get is its just how fun it is to act with people seeing you and admiring your work. Especially if your doing a comical play or a TV show. Its nice to know that your making someone laugh or just crack a smile. And honestly I'm all about that, or try to be at least.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and as a natural reaction I turned around. My eyes lock with brown eyes. it's Jace. Jace is my guy friend. I've known him for about five years and is always so nice.

"Hi" i said with a smile.

"Hey" he smiled back.

I was just about to ask how he's been when the teacher interrupted telling us that she has a big announcement.

"Okay class settle down I have an announcement to make." Ms. Matildi said loud enough for us to hear.

"Okay so many of you have been asking about 'if its time to start acting yet, since this is indeed an acting advanced honors class' well I've been thinking about It and I do think it is time to start acting. So I've been thinking about." she paused "and i think first we should do a play, a little play in the classroom to see all of your strongnesses and weakness, then we'll do a big play. I don't know what it will be about but I'll make sure to figure it out on time. Any questions?"

Someone raised there hand. "When are we gonna start the little play were gonna do." someone asked flatly.

"Well," Ms. Matildi said with excitement "I was thinking we should start it today!"

Anxiety filled me as I was a bit surprised, and realized I'm not ready to be acting with the class yet, especially with Alex.

"I decided we will do short play as you may all know of called 'A Mid Summers Night Dream' which I've arranged for you all to take a part of, I will put this class into two groups so I can observe everyone's strength and weaknesses." She said. A midsummers night dream is a play by Shakespeare, it's about four fairies who play around with visitors in the forest and control them around.

We all got up and made our way to Ms. Matildi's desk. I was the second to get a role and I got Titania the queen of the fairies. I looked around and saw the Jace walk with the others two the corner of the classroom to study his parts with them. I walked over to him.