Chapter 3: Familiar Yet Mysterious

Beginne am Anfang

I look down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, Grandma..." I look up at my grandmother, still sobbing, and put my hand on her shoulder. "I promise, I'll be extra careful from now on."

She wipes her tears away and then looks at me as she speaks. "You better be, Y/N, or else..."

I chuckle at her statement. "Is that a threat, Granny?" I say while grinning at her.

She giggles at first but then quickly vanishes as she stares at me with her unreadable expression. "I'm serious, Y/N, just be careful wherever you go or whatever you do, okay? I don't want to lose another grand child if something bad happened to you. I'm going to lost my mind if it happened..." She sniffs as another tears running through her cheek.

I take a deep breath and sigh as I look at my grandmother in pity. "I'm not gonna leave you, Granny. I promise you, I will always by your side as long as I live in this world. And if ever God took me out of here, just remember that I will always be here..." I says as I point at her chest where the heart is.

She wipes her now wet cheeks and says. "Please, don't say something like that as if you're going to die, Y/N."

I just smile sadly. "I know, it was just a reminder, so that you don't feel sad." I say, and she's about to say something when I cut her off immediately, because I know what she's going to say. "And I know what you're thinking that it's hard to just say it than doing it, because even myself has a difficulties of moving on, and 'till this day, I keep trying to feel better and normal again. So who am I to say something like that to you that even me, I don't even know how to cope my sadness with those tragic pass I've been wanting to forget."

I hear her sigh as she touches my shoulder gently. "I understand you, dear." She says as she rubs her thumb against my shoulder, giving me a reassuring gesture. "You know what, I think you'll get better soon, although you still recovering and not fully accept of what happened to your parents and to your sister, I can feel you're getting in there." She gives me a sweet smile as I do the same thing but only with force.

"I hope so..." I murmur as my grandmother stands up.

"Okay, I'm going down stairs now. Just eat your food, there at your nightstand." She points where the food is as I just nod my head and then she left my room.

I take a glance at the alarm clock, checking the time that says 6:28 PM. I can't help but groan when I feel tired again as I flop myself into my bed and cover my face with both hands. God, I can't believe it happened to me, that I almost died earlier. I tell myself in my inner thoughts as I huff through my hands, feeling frustrated and scared. But thankfully, I remember someone who saved my life and I would be forever thankful to whoever that person was, and well, unfortunately for me, I didn't get a chance to know them, because of my sudden knock down.

I take my hands off of my face as I think out loud. "I wonder who's that person..." Blinking a couple of times while frowning, wondering if I know that person somewhere.

Until my stomach starts to growl. I chuckle, without realizing that I'm already hungry at this moment, so I sit up and take a tray from the nightstand before begining to eat the food.

***

...

My whole body went stop as I saw a huge raging fire burning onto my home and I was trying to process what was going on while thinking of what I was just witness right now.

"No... " I whispered in shock, before begining to ran towards the burning house. Tears were still running on my cheeks but I didn't bother to wipe them off of my face, because all I was focused on was to get there as fast as I could.