1

Damien Jack's life was hard. His past was dark. His existence became so hard for him to cope up with.

Having issues with his family got him into the foster system. He was five then. The abuse didn't stop though it kept on getting worse.

He wasn't like any other child though, he was so intelligent to a point he didn't feel any of his emotions. He got abused so much he just shut off his feelings. At that age, he went solely on his instincts. No one cared that a child was crying and begging them to stop. He never laughed or smiled. His anger just made him hate everyone more. So it got shut off. One time, his abusive mothers'  boyfriend punched him so hard 5-year-old Damien knocked his head on something and when he woke up he was still in the same spot but he realized he remembered everything. From that moment onwards if he saw, felt, smelt, tasted something he remembered it.

It made his life hell. He remembered everything his mother did to him. It just urged him to shut his emotions more

He ended having so many psychological problems.

Finally the end of that year, on a Christmas evening, he couldn't take it anymore he killed his abusive mother and her asshole boyfriend. He had to kill one of his foster parents' guests because of the abuse.

He didn't regret it at all. If he had to kill again, he would do it again and again. And he did.

After all, no one looked out for him. They didn't care that he was abused and had gone through what no child should go through. No one cared. They saw what they wanted to see. So he looked out for himself.

He grew up to be the boy mothers warned other kids about. He grew up to be the bad boy girls would fall for. He became a criminal like everyone thought he would. Not an ordinary thug though. He became a mob boss.

He needed to survive. He needed to do this for her.

Who was her?

She was a sick child. She needed medicine and treatment and so he went out of his way to provide for her.

She was the only person who didn't judge him. When he hated everything even himself she came into his life. A very kind-hearted, clumsy angel. She was 3 years old when she came into the foster system. No one cared that a baby was crying out for food. They just left her in a room next to Damien's who was 9 years old. He was so annoyed. He wanted to shut the little crying brat up and marched to the room. When he saw her and she saw him from a baby tear-filled eyes, she calmed down and reached out to him. Her red hair was all over her face which was filled with saliva and tears. He freaked out at first but cleaned her up, fed her, and tucked her in bed hoping she would stop crying. That night she didn't let go of his arm. He didn't want to wake her up so he ended up falling asleep leaning to the cot. Ever since then she crawled to him and stayed by him. He looked after her little by little.

It made him feel good. It gave him some sort of purpose. Protect his little Rose. With that in mind, he started protecting. He used his genius mind and his strength to protect her.

She was the only one who cared for him. When he was wounded she would tend to him. When he forgot to eat she would sneak some food for him. When anyone bad-mouthed him. She never hurt anyone she loved everyone. Damien saw her as the purest thing in his life. He saw all kinds of shit that even an adult might have not witnessed. As they grew up he had to protect her from shitty foster parents. She was very innocent. Unlike him, she didn't have the guts to fight with others and defend herself. So he continued to protect her and provide for her. He did a lot of things for her.

When Rosalie was seven years old the foster father tried to sexually harass Rosalie. So Damien took her and ran away. If he reported it to the police they wouldn't have cared. Who would believe a 13-year-old and seven years old? No one cared. They would separate them and Rosalie would be in another mess where Damien couldn't save her. So he took her and ran. Their new home was an abandoned building for a year. Damien anyways earned some money by being a drug delivery boy since he was 10 so that saved up money he spent on Rosalie. Being homeless was hard but they didn't have a choice.

Then he went to the next level.

It all started when he was 14, Damien left Rosalie in the abandoned building and went out when he came back he saw fancy cars parked outside the abandoned building. The owner of that building was a rich man, Cassio Bugartíe one of the big-time mob bosses. Cassio was the worst of the worst humans.

Damien running into the building found a small Rosalie being cornered by four men. He then fought with them and knocked them out. Later he was caught by Cassio who was surprised to know what had happened. How a small girl was found living in the building. How a boy fought with his four best men and won. When he looked into the boy he got to know about the boys' past. He got to know about Damien's job. Of course, after that, the mob boss heard of the young boy and wanted to recruit him. Damien didn't have a choice. He and she were homeless. So he took the job. Damien was desperate. He needed the money. No other place would recruit him because of his past and the rumors. He survived all this time anyways by being a drug delivery boy, so joining the mob was lime the next level. If the good side of society didn't accept him and there was at least a place for him in the bad society. He would embrace it. But he would make sure his Rose has a good life. After he joined the mob he became popular. He was known as Cassios hound. He didn't just deliver drugs. He dealt with bigger stuff like weapons, drugs, and business. He killed anyone who Cassio wanted dead, he collected debt, went to business meetings, and all that. He was like cassios' right-hand man. But Cassio didn't want to declare him as his second-hand man cuz he was still a teenager but he was respected as one. Damien grew up like that. Working under Cassio. Building up a reputation. He was simply a genius. He was well known, respected by some, feared by many. Even though girls came after him, he only used them for physical pleasure. He never did anything at home because of his Rosalie.

When he turned 20 his life turned to another angle.

Cassio who dealt with human trafficking had eyes on Rosalie. She was still 14 but was growing into a beautiful lady. Cassio then finally threatened Rosalie and Damien lost it and killed him then and there.

The entire riot started because of this. In the end, Damien ended on top. Everyone in the mob knew him and respected him. So he became a mob boss. All of this was especially for her.

He would do anything to protect her. And he would keep her safe throughout. One when she comes of age he would make her entirely his. But till then he would give her everything she needs.

His Rosa. His family. His girl. His everything.