5

[SJK's POV]

She knew.

She found out that all these times, I'd been lying to her. And it was all because of my idiocy for letting the box of my past just lie there on the corner of my room.

It's an irony. I was out because I don't want Lee Kwang Soo to come to my house in afraid for she would know I'm not who I claimed to be if she met him, but I came home just to find the box was opened and its contents spreading on the floor, and Chae Won was nowhere to be found.

I wouldn't surprise if she ran away, though. She found that her husband was a stranger pretended to be her dead lover and married her, now even made her pregnant. Who wouldn't run from that kind of monster? This monster.

I was standing in the middle of my room, wondering about where would Chae Won be now when I heard my phone pinged. I fished it out from my pocket and stared at the message.

Come meet me, Ma Ru-ssi. You know where to find me, don't you? - Moon Chae Won.

The fact that it was from her made me froze for a minute, before I realized that she didn't ask me to come because she wanted to see me. She wanted to test me. Only Ma Ru knew where she is when she feels sad, desperate or devastated.

But there's nothing that I didn't know about her because Ma Ru told me every little details of Moon Chae Won's life that he knew.

So I rushed to my car and start the engine.

*

It was a beach. A beautiful Yongdae Beach that took more than an hour to get there.

When I got off from my car, I see her back from a far, sitting alone on the white sand, looking at the wide blue-green sea in front of us.

I was hesitated for a while I keep standing where I am. I can not face her. Actually, I was afraid, and it's not because she found out about the truth.

I had never felt afraid after I ran from aboji and lived as a thug until I could use my face and body to make money. I had let go all the emotions I knew could damage me, and became numb, until she happened. She makes me feel something I have forgotten for such a long time. She makes me feel as if I belong, as if I was loved.

And that what makes me afraid.

Had I known from the start that I will fell in love with Moon Chae Won, I would never think to start the fire. Now I'm burning in it.

*********

[MCW's POV]

While my eyes still staring blankly to the view of a wide ocean in front of me with nothing in my mind, I sense his presence before my eyes could catch a glimpse at him.

So he knew where to find me. How come? Did Ma Ru-ssi told him? Did he found out himself?

Kang Ma Ru, or whoever he is, is standing beside me for quiet some time, before decided to sit down beside me. We're both in silence, only the sound of waves hitting big reefs on the forshore fill our ears.

"Yeppo-jyo?" I started to speak, "I always come here whenever I feel sad, lonely or depressed." I paused, before then continued, "But you already knew that, aren't you Ma Ru-ssi?" I emphasized my tone when I say his name. I don't know if he's already back to our house when I texted him to come.

When I turn to see his face, I was stunned to find that he was looking at the ocean with an expression I can't quite catch. Was that... guilty? Or sadness?

But, just when I thought of that, his face becomes cold and hardened when he turned to meet my eyes.

"Why don't we drop the act, Moon Chae Won?" he asked suddenly. I was momentarily froze when I heard those words, his voice was as cold as his expression. "You know who I am, don't you?" He continued with eyes looking straight to me, as if daring me to say otherwise.