Pretzel stand

Warning: Some bad language in this chapter! I'm having some formatting troubles but they'll be fixed soon.

We all run down the stairs and back into the corridor on the ground floor, and somehow we end up in front of the lounge again.

"Aww, I don't wanna go back in there," I say.  

"Well, we don't have to," Lapis said. "Does anyone want to go shopping?!?!?!?" She says with an insane smile.  

"Uhmmmm..." Me, Seru and Oliver look at each other. We're all afraid to disagree. "Okay?"  

"YES!" Lapis shrieks, punching the air happily. "Let's go!!" She grabs my hand and pulls me along behind her, laughing loudly as she runs much faster than I can keep up with. I look back helplessly at Seru and Oliver, but they just shrug and grab onto my arm. Lapis is running fast enough to straight up lift us all of the ground now, so I just accept it and wait until we either break the sound barrier or reach the shopping centre.  

Lapis suddenly skids to a halt, which throws the three of us forward and straight into a bike shelter.

"Owwwww." Says Oliver.  

"Eww, BIKES! I hate cycling. Yuck!" I say, standing up and brushing off my clothes.

Seru glares at me.   "But cycling is amazing!"  

"FUCK OFF, SERU!" I yell, right in her face. [This is actually something I would do.]  

"Geez, calm down, Milkie. Someone's grumpy today!" Seru replied. [Coincidentally, this is something Seru would do]  

As soon as she's said this, we both burst out laughing.  

"Will you guys hurry up!!!" Lapis yells,  bouncing around excitedly. So we all get up and go inside the huge, tinted glass doors and into the centre.   "LET'S GET PRETZELS!!!" Lapis yells as soon as we've taken a step. Before we can say anything, she's run to the pretzel stall and dumped her bag at a bench nearby. "GUYSS! Over here!"  

We walk over and sit at the table she's saved for us.  

"Why do you think she wants pretzels so much?" I wonder out loud, looking over at her.  

"I think he might be why," Oliver says, nudging his head towards the boy working behind the counter. Lapis has her elbows on the counter and is fluttering her eyelashes at him.  

"Who's that?" I ask, looking the boy up and down. He has pink hair, and he's wearing a black beanie underneath a paper hat with the pretzel companies' logo on it.  

"His official name is VY2, but everyone calls him Yuuma," Oliver explains. "Umm, I've never really talked to him before, but I guess he seems nice?"  

I nod and lean in closer, trying to listen to Lapis and Yuuma's conversation.  

"So, uhh, four pretzels please?" Lapis smiles.  

"Sure, that's 60 dollaz," Yuuma says.  

"60? Geez, that's pretty cheap!"  

"Yeah, we're having a sale today," Yuuma says, smiling just as brightly as Lapis. She hands over a handful of coins and Yuuma puts them into the till, then he turns away and starts piping dough onto a tray over an oven. Lapis saunters back to the table.  

"So, um, what do you think of Yuuma then, Lapis?" I say, elbowing her.  

"He's so gosh darn cool!" Lapis says. "I've been coming here, like, every day or something just to try and get him to notice me. I've spent so much money of pretzels!" She cries. We all laugh.  

"Hi ladies, your pretzels are here," Yuuma calls, carrying over the tray.  

Oliver glares at him. "I'm a boy," he says, mildly annoyed.  

"Whaaaaat? No way," Yuuma snickers.  

"Fuck you, dude," Oliver says.  

"Calm down," He says, taken aback. "I'm sorry, okay?" He sets the tray down and walks back behind the counter.  

"Don't crush on him, he's a jerk," Oliver mutters, picking up a pretzel and munching angrily. This is very hilarious to watch.  

"I think you SHOULD calm down, Oliver," I say, looking at him sideways.  

Oliver stares straight at me, tearing up. "I'm not a girl, okay?! God, everyone always assumes that! Just because I'm cute and wear dresses sometimes!"  

"Umm..." I say.  

"You wear dresses?! So do I!" Lapis says awkwardly, trying to lighten the mood.  

"Oh shit, forget I said that," Oliver says, his face going white.  

"Jeez Oliver, what a pottymouth," I say.  

"Oh shut up, you swore too," He shoots back.  

"Oh yah!" I say, snickering. "So anyway Lapis, I dare you to go ask Yuuma to come round the shops with us when his shift ends!"  

"Yeahhhh!" Seru says. "Do it! Do it!"  

"Whaaat?" Lapis groans. "Noooo! I'm not doing that!"  

"Aww, you're so boring!" I say.  

"Please do it!" Seru cries. Even Oliver looks hopeful. Lapis looks at the three of us, and sighs. "Okay, fine. I will! Happy now?"

The three of us cheer and Lapis stands up. She walks over to the counter and clears her throat.  

"Hey Yuuma, I- we were wondering if you want to come and walk round the shops with us when your shift ends?"  

Yuuma looks up, mildly surprised. "Umm... Okay! I mean, I don't get off for about forty minutes, but if you don't mind waiting then sure!"  

Lapis grins. "Awesome! We'll come back later and get you then!" She runs back to us. We all snicker quietly at her.  

"I knew it would work," Seru says.  

"Let's go!" Lapis whispers quickly. "I don't want it to seem like I'm anxiously awaiting when he gets off work..." She picks up a bag that came seemingly from nowhere, and quickly walks off. We hurry after.