The Supermarket

I invited Jethro inside, which is strange. My Mum sits up properly, and puts on her most dazzling smile.
"Hi, I'm Jethro, please call me Jet" he greets holding out a palm for her to shake. She sits up straight and continues grinning widely, which is usually enough to make most young boys swoon.
"Hi...Jethro" she smiles, testing the name in her mouth. She gestures a hand, suggesting that he sit down. "Please, sit."
He nods and makes his way to the armchair near the window. My Mum used to paint there, but ever since... wow, I really need to stop bringing that up.
"You have a lovely home" he tells her. Stereotypical.
"That's so nice of you to say!" she exclaims.
"Oh my God! No, just stop!" I cry at my Mum. She smiles at me as if to say, what's wrong dear?
"Come on Jethro, we're leaving...now."
"Now?" he asks, standing up.
"Yes do you have a problem?"
"Umm..."
"Good." It was final. We leave the house and jump in Jet's car. I'm not so cold anymore.
"Where to?" he questions, shrugging on a hoodie.
"Supermarket" I say flatly, looking out the windmill.
"What?"
"Just drive, I need food" I complain, running a hand through my hair.
"Sheesh, you're not in a good mood" he mutters. I scowl at him and he drives to the supermarket, a sigh stuck in his throat.
***
A/N
Short chapter, sorry, but I've been really busy and the next one will be longer!