Salt

A/N - sorry, i haven't been writing much...I guess I should. But, it's my birthday tomorrow so I think we can all cut me a bit of slack right? :/ who am i kidding? You guys probably love reading as much as me, so I din't blame you if your annoyed by lack of content...sorry :)
***
"You are an idiot" I hear someone gasp. My eyes fly open and I take my first breath, lungs burning and eyes sore from the salt water.
"Jethro?" I exlaim when seeing up, sodden and wet, his hair sticking to his forehead in awkward angles. "What in God's name are you doing here?"
He scoffs, eyebrows furrowed.
"Saving your ass is what I'm doing." My mouth drops open at the realisation that the boy who supposedly hates me just saved my life.
"How did you know I was here?" I question. He rolls his eyes.
"A thank you would suffice."
"Thank you" I mutter and tuck a strand of wet hair behind my ear. This is when the cold kicks in. I look down at my hands which are blue and my feet, which are of a similar shade. My teeth start chattering and the warmth a from my arms does little to soothe me. Jethro stands up and wraps his jacket around my shoulders, before sitting down next to me and staring into the ocean. I look at him with the light from the moon. His chiselled jawline is set in irritation or anger of some sort, but his features are soft when he stares into the sea.
"You really are an idiot" he repeats. I sigh.
"I've been told on the multiple occasion."
He looks across at me and stares for a while, opening his mouth but then closing it, as if changing his mind about something.
"Jet, is there something you aren't telling me?"
"There are many things I'm not telling you" he breathes, running a hand through his drying hair. "But one thing that is bugging me more than it should."
"What is it?" I ask softly, placing my hand over his. He flinches under my contact, but I don't pull away.
"A pretty girl like you couldn't bear to hear it."
My heart skips a beat when he calls me pretty and I close my eyes. The funny thing is though, is that when I open them Jethro is gone, with just the jacket on my shoulders remaining, the smell of salt in the air.