𝘅𝗶𝗶. chapter.

THE FIGHT CONTINUED ON

          THE FIGHT CONTINUED ON. Black widow, using the energy rifle was taken off her feet by a chitauri solder. She let out a tired breath as she felt the grip of alien disappearing. Jean held her hands in the sky and she tore apart solder and smashed it into a building. Natasha slumped back clearly tired of the battle. She sent redhead kid a nod with an appreciative smile.

          Steve stood there, holding his shield tightly. Nat turned to look at him and then at Jean. "Captain, Red, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha pointed out as she gestured to the huge portal in the sky.

          Jean could clearly see that the woman was getting tired but she felt nothing. Sure, she had cuts and bruises but she didn't feel tired, if anything, she felt as she could fight all day. It surprised her but she guessed that it was because of adrenaline in her body.

          "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve gazed to Jean. "I can't close it either. It's too big," she explained.

          "Well, maybe it's not about guns," Nat stated, looking up at the flying chariots. Captain America and Red looked up and they both saw what she had on mind. "You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," Steve reminded her.

          "I got a ride. I could use a lift though. Jean?" Nat turned to look at redhead kid who just nodded. She knew she could do it. "Are you sure about this?" Cap asked Black Widow who was getting ready to fly with the help of telekinetic kid.

          "Yeah. It's gonna be fun," She said reassuring not just Steve but herself too. "Ready, Nat?" Kid asked as she lifted both her hands in the air, ready to use her powers. "Ready as I will ever be, Red!"

          They timed it perfectly and Natasha was boosted high enough to have a hold a good grip on the chariot. Steve and Jean looked at each other with the sigh of relief.

          Both Steve and Jean were again in their fighting positions when a blast from one of the directed at them. Steve was quick to jump in as he pushed redhead kid behind him. He used his shield to protect them from the impact.

          When it was over, Jean opened her eyes and smiled at the man. "Thanks," was all she was able to say before they both saw Iron Man flying towards them.

          None of them had time to catch a breath because more chitauri soldiers came running towards them. Iron Man helped fight some of them on the ground before he flew away to deal with aliens that weren't on the ground.

┈━═☆

          The fight continued, Thor met up with Steve and Jean and they fought well side by side. Captain America had his shield, Thor had his Mjölnir and Jean had the fighting skills that she learned from Clin, Natasha and Phil, and of course her telekinetic abilities.