𝘃𝗶. chapter.

THEY HAD ALL MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THE QUINJET and then to the Helicarrier

          THEY HAD ALL MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THE QUINJET and then to the Helicarrier. All of them, except Tony, were put in the same room that had a big screen so they could watch as Fury talked with Loki, who was inside of the giant glass cell.

          "In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass," Fury warned as he pressed a button which opened up a hatch underneath Loki's cell. Loki peered down as much as he could from the glass to see what happened.

          "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!" Fury asked, closing the hatch and pointing at Loki. "Ant," Fury said as he pointed at the button which would drop Loki into the steel trap. "Boot."

          "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me," Loki mocked with a smirk. He was far from scared of human treats."Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury exclaimed with his facial expression as always, emotionless."Oh, I've heard..." Loki trailed off as he looked into the camera like he knew the whole team Fury brought was watching.

          "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man and the child who has more power than all of us together." Bruce tensed at Loki's words but Jean just looked generally confused as what the God meant by that.

          The young redhead could feel Avenger's eyes ok her but she was still focused on the screen."How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Fury only scoffed at his question.

          "How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did," Fury ranted, but it only made Loki smirk more.

          "Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is," Loki states. Only the two of them wanted the cube, although for totally different reasons. Fury smiled at the captured God.

          "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something," Fury teased before he walked away from the room, leaving Loki in his glass cell. God looked back at the camera, smirking.

          Jean watched until the monitor went black. Thor, who didn't even look, just listened to his brother's words, looked quite torn apart. He couldn't believe that he was just sitting there while his brother was turning into something he never thought he would.

          Room was quiet for some time. All of them were just sitting there, stunned. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked, breaking the heavy silence. Jean looked up and sent him a small smile, mentally thanking him for trying to break the tension.

          "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked, getting back to his Captain America mod. He looked at the God who finally got out of his trance.