Chapter 1

After the final war with Zeref, life in the Fairy Tail guild is finally getting back to normal. Natsu had also finally plucked up the courage to ask Lucy to be his girlfriend, and Lucy had happily accepted. Now the trio were on their way home from their first job as a couple, Happy was able to come only because he had promised to not make any jokes about the two. As they walked towards the guild however they saw a girl of about ten or twelve standing by the doors, she was in tattered clothes and had what looked like a small wolf cub by her feet. But what intrigued Lucy the most was the small loop of silver keys at her hip.

"Excuse me, are you ok?" Lucy asked walking over to the girl.

The girl turned around and smiled at Lucy, who in return smiled back. The girl had vibrant orange gold hair and green eyes with golden flecks, she was obviously thin but Lucy could tell that with a couple of meals she would look much healthier.

"Oh um yes, is this the Fairy Tail guild?" The girl asked in a gentle voice.

"Yeah it is!" Natsu cried startling the girl. "The one and only Fairy Tail.'' He said showing his guild mark.

The girl's smile then gets a lot brighter.

"I'm so glad! We've been travelling a long time to get here haven't we Lupus." The girl said with a smile.

"Yep you got that right!" The wolf Lupus said as his tail flicked back and forth. "All the way from the north of Fiore!"

"You came from that far to get here?" Lucy asked. "Why did you come all the way here?"

"I wanted to join Fairy Tail, and so my spirits helped me to get here." The girl said fully facing the two. "My name is Kiara and this is one of my spirits Lupus."

"Nice to meet you Kiara, my name is Lucy and this is Natsu." Lucy introduced. "Want us to take you inside? We can introduce you to the guild master so you can join."

"Really! Thank you so much!" Kiara exclaimed as she pulled one of her keys from her hip. "I'll see you later Lupus!" And with that she closed the gate sending her spirit back to the spirit world.

Following Lucy and Natsu, Kiara made her way into the guild hall. There were people everywhere and many of them were drinking, however Kiara could hardly contain her excitement. She had been wanting to join this guild for as long as she could remember, and now she finally had the chance.

"Follow me Kiara." Lucy said offering the girl a hand.

Natsu smiled as Kiara took Lucy's hand and followed her to Master Makarov, it reminded him of when he brought her to the guild. Taking her hand in his he brought her from Hargeon to Fiore, and now she was his girlfriend.

"Well if it isn't the Love Struck Pyro." Grey said with a smirk.

"Say that again Ice Pants!" Natsu said, his hands now alight with flames.

Lucy could tell that a fight was going to start, but she was too preoccupied with Kiara to take much notice. The pair made their way over to Master Makarov who sat happily in his wheel chair sipping a beer, as he saw the two approach he saw something strange. He wasn't sure if Lucy had noticed it but there was a slight golden glow around the young girl, and when he saw the keys on her hip he had a feeling he knew why.

"Welcome back Lucy, how did the job go?" He asked with slight concern in his voice.

"Same as a normal job Master, but since the team weren't with us there wasn't too much damage." Lucy said with a laugh. "But on our way in we found Kiara here, and she wanted to join the guild."

"Nice to meet you sir." Kiara said bowing slightly. "Please allow me to join your guild."

"Of course you can join my dear." Master Makarov said with a warm smile. "What magic do you use?"

"I'm a Celestial Spirit Wizard, and I also use another form of Zodiac Magic." Kiara said as Mirajane walked over to them with the guild stamp.

"Where would you like your guild mark sweetie?" She asked with a smile.

"Um can I have it on my arm? And can it be red?" Kiara asked.

Within moments a shining red guild mark was proudly on Kiara's shoulder, looking over however she saw Natsu currently fighting with another one of the guild members.

"Is Natsu ok?" Kiara asked worriedly.

"Oh yeah he's fine, that's juts Grey. Him and Natsu grew up together so they always fight like that, and it always ends up in the whole guild fighting like that too." Lucy said with a sigh. "It never stops around here. Want me to buy you something to eat? You must be starving, plus I want to know what keys you have."

"Ok Lucy!" Kiara said happily as they walked over to the bar where Erza was sitting and eating her strawberry cake."

After Kiara had eaten she pulled out her keys, she had eight silver keys and was clearly very proud of them.

"So firstly I have Lupus the Wolf, you met him earlier, then there is Canis Minor, Pegasus, Orion, Aquilia, Auriga, Perseus and Phoenix." Kiara said pointing to the keys in turn. "A lot of them belonged to my mother before she died. So I've know them all my life."

"Your mother died?" Lucy asked softly.

"Yeah, about five years ago now. I've been alone ever since, well with my spirits I'm never alone." Kiara said with a smile as Lupus apeared on the bar. "Lupus I didn't call you."

"I know, but I wanted to see the guild mark! Orion was going to come through but I beat her too it!" He said and then looked at Lucy. "Who are you? You look familiar."

"My name is Lucy, you were with Kiara when she was outside right?" Lucy asked the wolf cub.

"Yeah but that's not why you look familair....Wait you look like Anna!" Lupus cried.

"Oh yeah! Miss Anna! She was the one who told us to come to the guild, she said there were some amazing people here who would help me get better at my magic!" Kiara cried happily.

After talking more the day continued to pass, like normal a fight broke out but Kiara hid behind the bar with a few other members of the guild. Soon it was closing time and Kiara was fast asleep on a bench with Lupus curled up next to her, Lucy looked over and watched as Lupus woke, gave Kiara a soft lick and then closed his own gate.

"I'm guessing she doesn't have anywhere to stay tonight." Mirajane said as she closed down the bar.

"Yeah, she told me that Anna gave her some money but she'd used it on food. It was about six months ago that she had that money, she must have been so careful with it to make it last." Lucy said with a smile, grateful that her ancestor had taken care of the young girl. "She can't stay here tonight though can she."

"Unfortunately not." Mirajane said with a sigh.

"What about with you Luce?" Natsu suggested, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Your appartment is big enough."

"That's true, but it means you won't be able to sneak in tonight." Lucy said with a smirk.

Natsu chuckled and then kissed Lucy's cheek, with Happy already asleep on his shoulder Natsu made his way back towards his house. After they left Lucy walked over and gently shook Kiara, the girl then stired and looked at Lucy with tired eyes.

"Sorry, did I fall asleep?" She asked with a yawn.

"Yeah but don't worry, would you like to stay with me tonight? Since you don't have anywhere to stay." Lucy asked.

"Yes please, thank you Lucy." Kiara said with a yawn.

Smiling Lucy bent over and picked up Kiara, she was surprisingly light so Lucy didn't struggle. Kiara rested her head against Lucy's shoulder as she began to fall asleep again, the walk back to her appartment, although it was quiet. Lucy didn't feel the need to call out Plue to keep her company, listening to the soft breathing of Kiara soothed her and made her feel less alone. Once back at the appartment Lucy carefully put Kiara into her own bed, then placed her keys next to her own. After a shower and putting her pyjamas on Lucy saw that Kiara was still fast asleep, smiling she climbed into bed next to the girl.

"Good night Kiara, sleep tight." Lucy said softly, before she too fell asleep.