“When I kissed you and you kissed me back. Then the next morning I saw you exchanging I-love-you’s with your ex-boyfriend.”

Chaeyoung widened her eyes while covering her mouth with her hand. If she was surprised to hear Jungkook’s confession earlier, she was undoubtedly way beyond surprised right now.

She turned to face him asking, “You were there?”

“I wanted to visit you and bring over the hangover soup that I especially cooked for you. But that particular scene greeted me. I guess I witnessed the ending yet the most significant part of your conversation . . . that you two still love each other.” He said, looking away from her.

“Well of course, we do. We’re friends after all.” She proudly answered.

Confused at hearing Chaeyoung’s answer, Jungkook asked while looking directly at her.

“Friends? Just . . . what exactly do you mean by that?”

“It means that Taehyung and I are good friends?”

“You’re good friends? As in you’re in a platonic relationship . . . friends?”

Chaeyoung’s impatience was starting to get the best of her at Jungkook’s roundabout questioning. So she just nodded her head in response.

Jungkook looked at her, staring into her eyes deeply. “Chaeyoung this is not a good time to be joking around.”

“I’m not.” She calmly answered.

“But you both love each other.”

“Because we do . . . as friends.”

“I thought you and Taehyung got back together. That is why I’ve been avoiding you and ignoring your chats and texts. After witnessing what I saw, I lost all hope and wanted to move on from you right away.” He said, not minding the words that were coming out of his mouth.

“So you really were avoiding and ignoring me, huh?”

“I’m sorry. But to be honest . . . it was really difficult for me. I’m barely able to pull it off. Being with you alone right now is a proof of that.”

“Then why did you bring me here by the way?”

“Because I can’t hold it any longer. If I don’t let out everything in here . . .” He tapped his chest a bit strongly. “I will most likely go insane.” He cried in his anguish voice.
She chuckled, “You’re being ridiculous. I don’t think you’d go insane.”

“Chaeyoung, I’m quite serious here.” He heaved a deep sigh and lied flat on his back, looking up at the sky. His eyes were brimming with tears, trying hard to keep it from flowing. “Yet here you are laughing at my feelings for you.”

Chaeyoung choked on her own saliva. Then she cleared her throat before saying, “Jungkook. I’m not making fun of you. Now, look at me.” He shyly obliged right away. She cupped his face and rubbed her thumb against his cheek. “I’m sorry, okay? But aren’t you going to ask me about Taehyung? You already know we’re just friends now.”

“Is that true?”

“Of course, why would I be lying to you?”

“But what happened? When I saw you last time, you looked affectionate as you said you loved each other.”

“Like you said, you only heard the tail end of our conversation. You don’t know the whole truth to it Jungkook.”

“So what is the whole truth?”

Chaeyoung sat up straight and crossed her arms over her chest. “Nope! I’m not telling you.”

“What?” He got up and sat in front of her. “Why?”