Remus Lupin- Search (c)

The Battle of Hogwarts had taken a lot of lives, but you hoped desperately that your husband was still alive. You had seen him at the beginning of the battle but since then you hadn't seen him. So many people would have to be laid to rest and you weren't ready to say goodbye to Remus. You tried to look through the crowds, hoping that you would be able to find him somewhere. You were able to see many people who you were glad who were alive but sadly you didn't see the person you wanted anywhere.

You found Harry hugging his friends, so rushed to him, glad that they were all alive, but also terrified that he would be the one to break the news to you that you were now a widow.

"Harry," you called to him. "Have you seen Remus? I can't find him."

He shook his head but before he was able to say anything you heard your name shouted out above all of the noise that came with the post-battle surroundings. You snapped around, seeing an injured Remus. He didn't seem to be badly injured, rather a lot of bruising and cuts but nothing worse than what he got on a full moon.

"Remus!" You screamed.

Taking off at a sprint, you didn't care about anyone you passed, just needing to get to your husband to make sure he wasn't just a figment of your imagination. When you reached him, you collided with him with full force, wrapping your arms around him, just wanting him by your side. You let your hands explore his face as tears fell down your cheeks, just needing to know that your husband was truly there.

"I was so scared I lost you," you whispered through your tears.

You leaned in to press your lips to him, far more passionately than either of you were willing to normally do in front of a crowd.

"I'm glad that you are okay," he smiled softly, pushing your dirt sodden hair out of your face. "I couldn't bear to think something bad had happened to you."

A weak smile appeared on your face, even with so much destruction and damage, you were just happy to have him there, knowing that he was safe and sound.

"I love you so much Remus," you smiled. "I love you more than I could love anyone else."

"Not as much as I love you."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.