Fred Weasley- Puns (h)

Quidditch had always been a big part of your life.

It wasn't something you could easily do without, and you were lucky enough that you didn't need to.

Not many people were a fan of your house, that was no secret, but that didn't mean you weren't proud to be playing for them.

Slytherin never had a good reputation.

They were known for playing dirty, for winning even when they shouldn't, however you knew you had never taken part in that.

You were a keeper, there was no room for you to cheat, so that was all left to the chasers and the beaters.

It had come to the time of the year for the infamous Slytherin vs Gryffindor game – that meant a lot of house rivalry in the weeks leading up.

You'd never been one for the rivalry, you much preferred just to play the game and that was that.

Since the game had started, Gryffindor had been the better team by far and it was clear that your house was trying to win it back by playing dirty.

As one of the Gryffindor chasers began to head towards you, you recognised their beater just ahead.

You were prepared to stop the quaffle, but just as you reached for it a rogue bludger came out of nowhere and hit your broom causing it to snap and you to fall.

The whole of the crowd gasped as you began to fall, however their gasps increased at who managed to catch you.

Before you passed out you managed to catch a glimpse of fiery red hair.

When you woke up, you were in the hospital wing – still dressed in your quidditch gear, and out of the corner of your eye you saw Gryffindor quidditch gear sat on a chair.

"I guess I'll need a new broom," you spoke up as you attempted to sit up.

Fred turned to face you when he realised you were awake.

"Fred Weasley is the one that caught me, huh?"

He chuckled, a smile gracing his face. "How do you know I'm not my twin?"

You shrugged. "You have Fred embroidered into your gear."

He glanced down at his shirt, chuckling at the fact that you were right.

"Why'd you catch me?"

"I was hardly going to let an innocent girl fall from the pitch, now was i?"

"I'm a Slytherin."

He smirked at your statement. "And I am a Gryffindor, good to know you're up to date with what the sorting hat told us."

You rolled your eyes at him.

"I mean, I'm no keeper but I like to think I can be a catch."

He had a smile on his face at the awful pun, but you laughed nonetheless.

"I heard you were a keeper, so how 'bout I let you keep my heart."

You laughed again, a smile on your face. "You've barely ever spoken to me Weasley."

"No harm in starting."

"I'm pretty sure your team wouldn't approve," you told him as you nodded towards the few members of the Gryffindor team that were hovering by the door.

He turned around, glancing at his teammates, and then shrugged. "They were all pretty freaked when I caught you."

"Because of my house? Not surprising."

He sighed slightly.

"Notice how none of my teammates are here Weasley. That's how bad the rivalry is," you explained to him. "And yet you're wanting to willingly be friends with me?"

"I'm friends with everyone," he stated. "You...you're different. I want to know more."

You smiled at him – nodding in agreement. "Okay then Weasley. I'll let you Slither-In to my life."

He chuckled but had a look of pride on his face. "See? We're already much alike."

You laughed along with him.

"I like your puns Y/N."

"I like you Weasley."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by