Luna Lovegood- Soft (a)

Luna sat in the corner of the otherwise empty classroom propped up against the walls, scribbling ferociously in her notebook, paragraphs upon paragraphs flowing out of her quill and splattering onto the parchment.

"How is the new article coming along?" You asked, this empty classroom was a great find, there were pretty much no classes here, which meant somewhere for Luna to work on her Quibbler articles without being harassed and somewhere for you to work on your homework which was for the class that was taking place during your stay in the abandoned classroom.

"It is coming on okay..." She suddenly stopped writing and lay the quill on the floor, she gently folded up the book and lay it by the quills side "people think I am crazy for what me and my father publish... People just mock me for it... I mean... They're entitled to their own opinion but... What do you think?" She fiddled with the cork that hung from her neck.

"I think that you and your father do extremely important work... You publish things that the prophet are far too scared to publish. You are the alternate voice Luna... You should be proud."

Her rose-tinted lips curled every so slightly at their delicate corners and her storm-glazed eyes once again filled with the wondrous hope and joy that she was known for, her hand returned to the quill as the nib returned to the page.

"You are really soft." She muttered out of nowhere.

"Excuse me?" You had been used to her random sayings and to be frank, sometimes blabbering a but you had never heard this one before. "I'm... Soft?"

She nodded with a coy smile on her face.

"What makes me soft exactly?" She returned to her furious and seemly uncoherent words and scribbles.

"You just are. Soft things calm me and you calm me. Your aura is... Very gentle." You thought it was a compliment and you were going to take it as such.

"Well thank you Luna... You are are soft as well..." Out of nowhere she rested her head on your shoulder and let out a sigh of contemplation.

"Something else on your mind?" You dropped your head slightly so that it was resting on top of hers, it felt... Safe. She half closed her notebook so that it was half resting on her hand and with her other she intertwined her fingers with yours.

"Y/N..." Your heart was almost beating too fast to talk, your palms were sweating profusely yet she still held on. "Do you maybe want to get a drink or something sometime? It is okay if you don't want to, I understand that I'm kinda... Odd. Most of the other kids would probably make fun of you for it and-" you interrupted her by putting your finger Infront of her lips.

"The leaky cauldron tomorrow night?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Requested by