Bellarke season 7 AU- 'Hold me til I'm real'

Start from the beginning

Clarke felt as though she'd been slapped.

One minute they were a breath away from one another and now it felt like an ocean separated them.

She couldn't help but remember Earth, talking to him everyday without reply. She pulled away too.

"Okay. I'll meet you by the fire at 6."

Clarke withdrew then, over to the other empty cot.

With Echo on watch and Raven and Gabriel working on the Anomaly problem, they were alone.

Bellamy ached to reach out and touch Clarke's hand, desperate to comfort her as she rolled around restlessly. Instead he pulled the thin cot blanket to his chin and forced himself to sleep.

***

Bellamy woke to the sound of Clarke screaming.

He stood quickly, groggily, trying to identify the assailant.

His eyes fixed on her then. The girl was sitting up but her eyes were still closed, she was clawing at her head.

"Get out!" She screamed.

Bellamy dashed toward her.

"Clarke!" He called, touching the girl's shoulder.

She didn't wake.

"This is my body!" The girl cried.

Bellamy suddenly knew what this was about.

Josephine.

He could only imagine what it was like, to watch your life through your own eyes but to have no control of it.

"Clarke." Bellamy tried again, softer this time.

He sat next to her, pulling her hands away from her head and taking them in his.

"Clarke." He tried again.

The girl's eyes shot open. She was gasping and crying.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Bellamy's hand flew to the sides of Clarke's face.

"Bellamy?" Clarke's voice was thick with tears now. Her chest was rising and falling frantically.

Bellamy nodded.

"No."

Clarke stood, pulling away from the boy.

"This isn't real." She cried.

"I'm still trapped in my mind. Josephine is keeping me here. None of this is real."

"Clarke," Bellamy was on the verge of tears himself.

He stood, moving closer to the girl.

Clarke took a step back from him.

"Clarke, this is real. Please."

The girl shook her head violently.

"It can't be." She whimpered.

"Being alone with you. You cradling my face like... like you love me. It's a trick."

Bellamy was taken aback.

Had it been so obvious?

All this time?

Had Clarke been able to see that since she came back she's been all he was able to think about?

"It's not a trick." Bellamy stepped closer to her.

Clarke let him this time.

"You're here. You're real. And you're right about me." He admitted.

"Since I almost lost you. To Josephine. I haven't been able to shake the feeling that you and I are meant to be together."

Clarke shook her head.

"This can't be real." She insisted.

Bellamy closed the space between them then, grabbing Clarke by the waist and pulling her to him.

He pressed his lips to her desperately.

Clarke kissed back, hands moving to grasp Bellamy's face.

"This is real. You're real." Bellamy whispered when they pulled away.

Clarke was looking up at the boy. She ran her fingers across the freckles on his cheeks.

It felt real. Her heart beating out of her chest, her lips tingling, the fireworks that danced across her skin at Bellamy's touch.

It was too good to be true. After all this time, for them to finally realise their feelings for one another. There was no way.

"Hold me.." Clarke cried, pulling Bellamy to her.

The boy obliged. Hands wrapping around her as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Hold me til I'm real." She begged.

Bellamy knew in his heart that he would stand their for hours, days if she needed him to.

Now that she was back, there was no way he was letting her go.

"I'm here." He told her, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"For as long as you need."

***

Hey y'all back with another season 7 update Cus I'm missing the show (and bellarke)

Let me know what y'all thought of the update.

This week I would like to acknowledge someone who was blowing up my notifications a while back sg35e3 thanks so much for the support x

As always thanks for all the reads, votes and comments. Suggestions are always welcome and encouraged ;)

See y'all in the next update x