Bellarke modern AU- Nurse Clarke

*Clarke Griffin always hated the night shift- until now*

***

Clarke yawned.

It was beyond ridiculous to begin a shift at 11pm. Especially when you had been out all day.

But she needed that night pay to make rent this month. And so with an energy drink in hand she entered the hospital through the back doors.

The usual sounds of the room flooded her ears. There was a child crying- always, coughing, the beep of the heart monitors, the sound of someone tapping their pen.

She moved toward the desk. Leaning against it was a tired looking Jasper Jordan

"Clarkeee!" He greeted her with feigned enthusiasm.

"Long day?" She chuckled, patting the boy softly on the back.

"The longest- two children with marbles stuck up their nose." He laughed, placing his head on the counter.

"Oof." Clarke made a sympathetic sound in the back of her throat.

She moved into the staff room then.

Raven Reyes lay sleeping on a couch, her head tipped precariously over the edge.

"Working a double tonight Reyes?" Clarke said loudly.

"What?" The girl woke, sitting up quickly.

"I mean yeah." She said, rubbing her eyes.

"You ready for the most exciting overnight of your life?" She asked, jokingly.

"God no." Clarke groaned, downing the rest of her drink.

She grimaced.

"I took this shift from Harper. If I didn't need rent money I wouldn't even be here." She whispered.

"I'm flattered." Raven joked, standing up to kiss the girl on the cheek mockingly.

"It's 2 to 11. We better clock on." Raven instructed.

Clarke sighed heavily.

"Guess we should."

***

It had been two hours and Clarke Griffin was bored out of her mind.

She sat at the desk, staring at the charts of the three patients that resided in the emergency room.

Moments later the doors we pushed open.

A loud group of young men entered, hollering and shouting.

Clarke was up and on the floor in a second.

She moved toward the boys with a barely contained rage.

"Quiet." She hissed.

The group of boys stopped abruptly.