Clashing Guilds Arc: Chapter 47 - Quest of Hallows

Start from the beginning

It was a reason why I could never ever go to meet Argo the Rat personally whenever I wanted. If I ever wanted to meet her for any info deals, she herself would come to me instead. Her punctuality during meetings wasn't something to be taken lightly of.

As we neared Amneslia Weald, I turned to Krieg once more. The wind that was blowing at my cheeks had made my face feel more dry than it should be, as if it was feeling numb.

"Don't die on me, Krieg." I shouted over at him, amid the noise of the wind. "Sky Company still needs you as a leader."

"And so does Land Company, I believe." Krieg offered his left hand out to me, nodding curtly. "You will stay alive, won't you, my friend?"

Assuming the quest boss wasn't too strong for the both of us, I held my resolve to fulfil that promise, as I shook Krieg's hand with mine. The handshake shook violently, in the momentum of our legs carrying us during our run.

Amneslia Weald changed the atmosphere from a relatively vast land to a nightly escapade. The trees covered almost everything here, enough to block off any light coming from above. The only method we could use to watch our surroundings was the luminescent leaves from the trees and grass.

It felt like we had entered into another world altogether.

As we swerved past tree after tree, I could feel that the destination of the quest marker was close. But since quest markers for special event quests were not typically available for players, relying on Misuko's memory on the location of that quest marker felt unsettling at the same time.

A location marker placed somewhere in the middle of a forest dungeon is better than nothing, though.

"Pursers! 6 o'clock!" Krieg suddenly exclaimed.

I looked back to see figures tucked among the trees, swerving about as we did, metres away from our backs.

"The Lycan Mark?" I shouted over. "Assuming they started to chase us right after they realized it was me under the hood, they couldn't possibly catch up to us that fast!"

Krieg replied, holding his dagger out. "My guess is that they would be dagger users, who also have the Sprint skill as well."

"What the hell, dagger users from Lycan Mark?"

"Affirmative."

"And they number that many?"

"I believe so, and with all of them being able to catch up to you in just seconds, it seems like I do not have much of a choice!"

Krieg stopped abruptly, facing the pursers with only his dagger held in front of him. I looked back with helplessness, as he turned back at me. His concealed face was never needed in showing his emotions as he raised his voice, as if it was a howl.

"Keep running! And you make sure to fulfil that promise!"

I would have headed straight back if it wasn't for that statement. For me, who was heading towards a destination that I technically didn't know, the encouragement that I got from the leader of Sky Company felt simply priceless.

Minutes passed before the map in my system menu indicated my arrival at the location marker. It didn't react in any way at all, since it was just a location marker, but as I ran on, the trees became less clustered, less like a forest.

There weren't any leftover pursers behind me the whole time as well. Krieg should have only stopped a couple of them at most, but I definitely saw more than that back then.

Catching the sight of something other than trees, I finally slowed down, as if I had just run a marathon. Fatigue didn't exist here in this world, but using my Sprint skill for the longest time felt mentally taxing.