PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 75 - A Chat with the Hunter

21 February 2024

Canyon outside Katalysis, 43rd Floor

For a moment, my mind drew a blank, as I was forced to stare at the giant circular ceiling above.

Of course, I knew I was still pinned down by the weight of a girl wearing a pointed hat, but if I told her that, I wouldn't be getting away with just rebuttals.

But the fact remains that, in this world, the feeling of weight still exists. No matter how one would try to sugarcoat it, no one could confidently say that they could be as light as they think they are.

In the end, one's body mass holds the ultimate truth about their weight. The only problem lies in whether they care about that or not.

"Ha......ha......ha......"

It's been a few seconds since Rakuno declared her victory in our duel. Both of us were panting hard, though I was starting to calm down. Raising my head up, I was greeted with the sight of Rakuno sitting right at my abdomen.

The way she sat caught my eye instantly: her legs spread out on either side of my waist, and her arms spread rather wide, as if she wanted to hug me. Her left hand, which held Picturesque Brancher, was stabbing the sword into the ground, stabilizing her balance of her sitting position.

This..........was a problem. If she had sat a little further back, I wouldn't have tolerated that urge. In any case, whatever stuff that we both have 'down there' were --to put it objectively-- almost in contact with each other.

I wished Rakuno had realized that sooner. It was, honestly, her fault for pinning me onto the ground, after all.

As soon as she saw my hand pointing at her skirt in a fluster, she looked down, still without a clue of the situation. But it didn't take long after that.

Her face turned red first, letting out a sharp "Eeeeeeeeeek!" as she pushed herself backwards off me. It was such a shock for her that she had let go of Picturesque Brancher as well. She looked like she was hyperventilating for a while, clamping her legs up as she scuffled.

Her skirt, which was rather short, did little to conceal whatever she had down there, but since she realized it as well and covered it frantically with her hands.....good for her I guess.

I mean, I couldn't help but take a split-second peek, but that was all I was treated to, and it wasn't like I was asking for more either.

"Did.....did you see?"

As I sat right up, Rakuno's arm started to reach for her katana. Her voice was shaking, a clear sign that she was--and I dare say-- a virgin.

Even though I was also one myself.

I raised both my hands as if I was being pointed by a gun. Or in this case, being at risk of being slashed by a katana would be its equivalent.

"I swear I did not."

A half-truth. Or rather, 80%-truth. However, no matter how true my statement would be, there would always be something that will keep me at risk of meeting her katana.

That 'something' would simply be........an assumption. One that would say that I did see her underwear.

Which would be the very same one that Rakuno was thinking of right now.

Her katana slid slowly out of its sheathe. As she held it closer to me, I tried to lean back again, while trying to remain calm.

"I believe I need a HP potion, not another slash on the chest."

By now, the result of the duel didn't really matter much. Even if I had won the duel instead, it was possible that Rakuno's methods of training me as a sword user might turn out to be more inefficient than I expected.