Clashing Guilds Arc: Chapter 44 - Drastic Measures

26 October 2023

Horizon's Edge guild base, 30th Floor

Misuko sat at her desk in the leader's chambers, silently looking at her trembling hands resting on the desk. They had been like this since the Lycan Mark visited yesterday, and for some reason she didn't have the will to stop their convulsions.

She just wasn't being herself at all. The pressure of her responsibility of being guild leader, the boosted hatred she had now for that orange guild, and the sickening fear of that vicious player, Fangras. She carried them all to sleep last night, futile in trying to push them aside in her sea of thoughts. She knew she had to deal with them, but now she felt like she had to face them all at once.

Her eyes were still slightly bulged, staring at her shaken hands, which looked like they were struck with a seizure. Of course, those weren't her physical hands, but mental scars were harder to cure than physical ones. Her fear had dominance over her anger, and she simply just couldn't help it.

Soon, the Company Leaders were going to enter her room, for the emergency meeting to discuss that situation. Misuko placed her palms facing down on the desk, and took in the largest breath she could manage, blowing it all out as gently as she could. That seemed to calm herself down quite a bit, but her hands looked like they were squirming on the desk surface, itching to shake again.

As Misuko struggled to press her hands down on the desk to stop them from shaking further, the door opened. The 3 Company Leaders, plus the Vice Commander, Narnia, entered in silence, to a sight of their leader seemingly making handprints on her desk.

"......!" Misuko relaxed her hands in surprise, as the players approached her. They all had their weapons equipped visibly now, their serious expressions solidifying the tension in this room.

"They're here." Narnia simply said.

The Land, Sea and Sky Companies. These 3 divisions make up Horizon's Edge, working with each other in combat, support and negotiations respectively. Their current leaders were also deemed capable in leading their Companies in their own rights and ways.

It was quite unfortunate that one of them got into deep shit and resulted in growing inter-guild tensions, and it was sparked with the orange guild Lycan Mark. Of all the guilds they had to piss off........it had to be them.

"Misuko...?" Narnia's voice had barely reached Misuko's ears.

"It's fine........Just start the meeting." Misuko declared, a tinge of shakiness residing in her voice as she spoke.

She took brief glances at her direct subordinates:

Zenalyth, the Land Company Leader. Despite him being missing from the guild half of the time due to his Drifter activities, he comes back to the guild base at the right times to settle his duties in leading Land Company through the guild's boss fights. Other than his irregular schedule in the guild, he was a decently great fellow, staying pretty much the same as he did back when Akiko was guild leader.

Nicholas, who manages the Sea Company. He definitely visits the guild base more frequently, and pretty much gets along with everyone well. As the Sea Company Leader, he often does rear line duties during boss fights, but acts as a tank to support his members, due to him being a hammer & shield user. Nicholas was surely the right choice in making sure Sea Company operated well in the chaotic scene of combat.

Krieg, the man in charge of Sky Company. He always gave out that mysterious aura with his pitch black clothes, worn from top to bottom, including his face, which was covered except his eyes. Despite his weird fashion sense, he was the core of Sky Company, ensuring that inter-guild relations between Horizon's Edge and other guilds didn't go out of hand. It was also rumoured that his members were also trained in gathering information secretly to improve their negotiations, but that would be a rumour that only Krieg knew the creditability of.