01 || 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺

𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

The candle blew out from frosty night air, sending a small puff of smoke around the dust-coated room

The candle blew out from frosty night air, sending a small puff of smoke around the dust-coated room. The night's soft breeze tousled the lace curtains letting the star's natural light shine into the woman's room.

The woman is seen sitting by the window, using the night sky's soft hue to her advantage by using it as a reading light. She has her elbow propped up against the window sill balancing her head on her palm. Her knees were tucked up to her chest, keeping in the warmth that was hard to obtain at this time of night.

She turned over the page with the flick of her finger, which is the only sound heard other than the street fights going on during this hour of the night.

Street fights became more of common practice as people with inhuman abilities showed up, which is defined as 'quirks'. This became a large revolt with people who don't possess these abilities as they are now seen as 'under the food chain', incapable to resist the ones with added strength.

The ones who are deemed 'worthy' of god, who was sent to Earth with these magical powers, were instantly chosen to attend the ongoing war against Japan.

The woman, who is the age of 17, thinks this war is futile as if there is no point in this war. But she is only 17, deemed as crazy with her dream of making a safe place for the young quirk holders. Where she could teach the future generations to control these gifts so they can use them for good.

But she is a woman. Women are meant to run the house and are people to breed the next generations, not to worry about a man's work. But she's a stubborn girl. A girl who will stop at nothing to make things right. And that is what she is going to do.

A chime of the tower clock sounded throughout the city, alerting the ones who are still awake that it has struck 12 and it is onto the next day. As dogs bark at the sudden sound, the woman snaps the leather-cased book shut by the spine.

She stands, leaving the book discarded on the thin pillow, to go sleep on the single-sized bed. As she slowly staggers to her wanted destination, her pastel purple nightgown slightly sways.

Once the young woman crashes onto the stiff mattress, sleep almost instantly takes over, sending dreams cascading over her.