"You just said it thirty seconds ago, Kayc," Sean muttered, "I can tell my family that we don't have to spend your birthday with you this year, I'll be in Hawaii with you anyway..."

Sean trailed off, realizing that him going to Hawaii could potentially put a strain on Jack and Kaycee's relationship as well, "Or if that's also a problem, he can take my place there too."

He can take my place there too. Those words rang in Kaycee's head for what seemed like hours before she responded, "Take your place? Sean you can't be serious."

Sean picked up his phone from his dresser and removed the speakerphone option, afraid that someone in his house would walk by is room and eavesdrop, "I'm not going to let myself get in the way of you and someone who makes you happy, Kaycee. That's not something I want to do."

"So by that logic, you'd have to stop being my partner too, ya know." Kaycee shot back, venom seething in her voice.

Sean bit his tongue, trying to hold back from saying something he'd regret, but failing, "I guess you're right."

"No." Kaycee said, anger filling her voice, "You don't get to do that Sean, you don't get to give up on me like that. You're my best friend. Best friends come before boyfriends."

Sean sighed, "Kaycee you know that I don't want to stop this. I'd put you before anyone else, a lot of times I even put you before my family," His voice lowered as he spoke next, "But Jack could be your soulmate, I'm not getting in the way of that."

Almost before Sean could even finish, Kaycee spoke, "You're not getting in the way of me and my soulmate. I promise you. I want you with me on my birthday, I want you with me in Hawaii. And most importantly, I want you to continue to be my partner, Sean."

For awhile, no one spoke. Kaycee felt emotionally drained from getting into two arguments in one night. But her argument with Sean was physically draining her, she felt as if she was having a heart attack, her heart racing on overdrive. Sean sat on his bed, staring at the wall in front of him, trying to come up with a way to respond, but he too, felt like he couldn't even speak, his energy was draining by the second.

When he finally spoke, he felt his heart rate slow and his breathing steady, "I'll be there. Only if you promise me that's what you want."

Sean could feel the smile on Kaycee's face, "Absolutely. Please don't worry, you're not the problem, I should have worded my response better," She paused, trying to articulate what to say next, "I'll talk to Jack. He likes you though, I promise. I just think he gets jealous because of the obvious connection we have."

"I'm glad to hear that." Sean started, silently noticing his heart rate increasing once again, "He's a great guy, Kaycee."

"He is." Kaycee replied, breathing heavily, trying to calm her rapid heartbeat, "I should probably go talk to my parents, they deserve an explanation, too. Thank you, Sean."

Sean smiled weakly on the other end of the line, "Of course. Goodnight, Kayc." Sean ended the call quickly, mind racing.

Jack's a great guy. He's just not a great guy for you. Sean felt as if he knew this for certain. He so badly wanted to say those words out loud while he still had Kaycee on the phone.

Sean spun himself so his legs dangled from his bed and pushed himself off until his feet hit the floor. He stood and noticed that his vision blurred so he could only see straight in front of him, almost as if he were in a tunnel.

He gets jealous because of the obvious connection we have.

Sean made his way over to the mirror hanging on his wall and nearly jumped at the sight. In front of him stood himself, but it didn't look like him. His face was sickly pale, his eyes all of a sudden had dark circles under them, and his heart was still racing hastily. He felt as if he would pass out any second. Sean made his way back to his bed, not understanding why he was feeling this way.

He laid in bed, head resting on his pillow, eyes closed, but there was no way he could sleep. Every time his heart rate would slow, as soon as he'd think about his conversation with Kaycee, it would speed up again.

After about an hour of tossing and turning, trying to sleep, Sean's eyes shot open.

You're not getting in the way of me and my soulmate. I promise you.

For the first time, Sean realized something. The racing heart, the tunnel vision, the butterflies whenever she was around. Kaycee may have been right, he might not be able to get in the way of her and her soulmate, because her soulmate could be him.

___________________________________

Author's Note: Hi I'm sick and I proofread this a week ago so I hope there aren't any typos that I missed.
I'm on winter break until late January so hopefully I'll be able to write a lot! Hope you guys like it :)