01

While watching the video on the phone you recently got, the doorbell rang. The door opened and footsteps quickly walked to the room you were currently in.

"Hello, hello! Oh! [Y/N], that's your new flash phone?"
You nodded quickly before he continued.
"Were you watching Lee's exhibition match on it? Yet you can't cheer him on with your hands full!" He smiled lightly. "You know the only way to properly cheer on Lee would be with his famous Charizard Pose!"

Before he could ramble on more, your mother walked over to Hop and his Wooloo. "Oh! Hop! I didn't expect to see you here today, dear. Isn't this the big day?"

"Yup! That's why I came here to get [Y/N]!" He smiled brightly and held his hands behind his head. "Come with me [Y/N]! He should be here any minute, and Lee always brings presents when he visits, so I wouldn't forget that Bag if I were you! Now I've got to run! See you at mine later!" The male walked off and left your house without another word.

You put your phone away and stood up from the couch and quickly walked in the direction of your room. You picked up the old bag and put your hat on quickly. You left the house quickly and yelled goodbye to your mom.

When you left your house, you could see Hop waving to you. He laughed after you walked up to him. "Have a look at you [Y/N! That old bag looks like it could pull you over! At least it should hold anything that Lee might bring! Even if it's as big as a Snorlax!"

You both turned after hearing banging on the gate. The wooloo was rolling against the gate, trying to open it.

"A wooloo..? What's it doing there?" Hop asked. You simply shrugged, usually they stayed farther up ahead more towards Hop's house. Usually there weren't any near yours, unless it was Hop's Wooloo.

"Hey! You silly Wooloo! I see what you're up to! Don't go using Tackle on the fencing! Now, you listen! No going past that fence! No!" Hop spoke towards the Pokémon. "Everyone knows there are scary Pokémon living in the Slumbering Weald!"

The Wooloo called out in reply, but tackled the gate once more.
"Now that that's taken care of... how about it, [Y/N]? Let's race! Bet I can make it to my house first, what with you lugging about that big ol' bag!" He sprinted off and his Wooloo rolled after him.

"What's with him and insulting my bag..?" You asked quietly to yourself. You sprinted after him.

"Mum! Is he here?!" Hop exclaimed the second he entered the house.

"Ah. There you are at last, Hop!" The mother turned to face her son with a light smile. "Oh! And you've brought along [Y/N]. Hello, dear."

"Hello," You replied with a light smile. Hop's families smiles were always contagious to you. They were quite happy people.

"Yeah, yeah, but where's Lee? Have you got him crammed in a cupboard?" Hop looked around the house slightly.

"He still isn't here yet! For the hundredth time... Honestly, Hop! You must learn to have some patience like those shiny hunters! (I.. I had to..) he's probably only just arrived at the station." The mom spoke. You could only pray that she was joking about him asking for a hundred times about his brother.

"Then that's where I'm going! You know Lee is hopeless with directions. I'll make sure he doesn't get lost on the way!" Hop smiled brightly.

"Oh.. will you? Yes, that probably is for the best..."

"You've got to come with, [Y/N]! You've still never met my big bro, right? You can't miss out on your first chance to meet the undefeated champion! I'll wait for you on the route!" He ran out of the house before you could even agree to go with.