Part 36

This chapter is dedicated dazaiswh0re since their comments made me laugh and realise how much I missed this book (and my other books.)

"Finn's," Polly gulped, looking hesitantly at the woman, Bunty didn't see it, "definitely Finn's," Polly told her, this time more firmly.

"Oh, thank goodness," Bunty breathed out a breath of relief, "Polly, you are amazing, thank you!" Bunty kissed the woman's cheek and left the house, she got into her car and drove to hers and Finn's house. "Finn? Finn?"

Finn trudged down the stairs, not looking at her. He went to step off the last stair, but she blocked his way. "Bunty, move. I'm busy," he told her in a flat tone.

"It's your baby Finn, Polly confirmed it for me," Bunty told him gently, "it's yours," she repeated.

"You're not fucking with me, are you?" He told her.

"I'm not, Finn. It's yours, not his," she smiled.

Finn's face lit up, he engulfed her in a hug, kissing her lips passionately. "I'm so glad. I'm sorry for being so rude to you. I was scared that it wasn't mine."

"It's okay, Finn. I understand. Though you'll have to make it up to me later," she whispered into his ear seductively.

"How about I make it up to you now?" He replied, leaning in closer, so his lips almost touched hers.

"I thought you were busy?" She questioned, tilting her head slightly.

"I lied," he closed the gap with a heated kiss, he picked Bunty up and took her to their room.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Pregnancy wasn't easy for Bunty. After hearing that she was pregnant, Tommy stopped letting her go out on missions. He told the woman to either stay working in the offices or to stay at home. Bunty chose to work in the office to give herself something to do.

Soon, that plan went out of the window as she began getting terrible morning sickness, so the women in the offices decided that she should stay at home. To some extent, she didn't mind as then she could spend more time with the dogs. However, she did get bored quite quickly, especially when Finn wasn't home.

By month seven, she had enough of pregnancy and couldn't wait for the baby to get out of her. She started getting backaches and sore feet. Plus she was restless at night, keeping Finn awake as she kept moving around to try to get comfortable. Finn would grumble and grab the spare blanket and sleep on the sofa with the dogs most of the time.

At month eight Bunty began stressing over how she was going to raise the baby and how she would still work for Tommy.

"Have you thought about staying at home and looking after the baby?" Ada asked the woman over her cup of tea. She had come on a short trip back to Small Heath for a few days.

"I don't want to," Bunty admitted, "staying here, practically locked up inside this house is driving me insane. I don't want to stay in here for longer than I have to. I can't wait until the baby is out of me." Bunty sighed, "don't give me that look, Ada. I'll look after him or her; it's just, I'm so bored here doing nothing, I want to work, to do something useful."

"Oh, you haven't found out whether it's a boy or girl yet?" Ada asked, surprised.

"No, we wanted to be surprised," Bunty replied.

"Any preference on a gender?"

"Finn wants a girl," Bunty told the woman, "I don't mind, just as long as they're healthy."