Part 38

It was now 1929. Three peaceful, well, mostly peaceful years had passed since the drama of the Sabini family fighting the Shelby's had ended. Bunty was well on her way to getting back into the groove of being a part of the Shelby Company once more. Now that her two children were a little bit older now (aged three and two) and didn't depend on her as much, she went back to the gym to practice fighting again, leaving them in the care of a nanny or her father, who had now properly fixed his relationship with his daughter.

Tommy didn't want either Finn or Bunty being a part of the more illegal side of his business, often telling them to keep out of it. Bunty could understand where he was going with it, not wanting Bunty's children to possibly lose both parents, so she kept back out of it, Finn also said he would keep out of it, but more often than not, he'd come home with cuts, burns or bruises. Bunty would patch them up, not even bothering to ask how he got them, knowing he went out fighting with Isaiah for Tommy without his brother's permission. Fighting in the gym was good enough for her... At the moment. Filling out paperwork was getting rather dull.

Tommy had spent most of his time away from Small Heath, taking Lizzie and his kids with him, often travelling around in a caravan in the countryside or being the busy MP he was elected to be. Bunty couldn't remember the last time she saw the man.

She hadn't seen Polly in a while either as she went off, the last place she heard the woman was in was Monte Carlo. Michael had stayed in New York, keeping tabs on the American properties and businesses over there. Arthur remained in Small Heath, practically taking over Tommy's role while he was gone, now elected as a chairman in the company. The Gold's had stayed in Small Heath, or at least near enough, to help with any business that needs a few extra men. And Bunty and Finn had stayed in their little apartment with the kids. Plus, Finn had an office now to work in, Bunty often joined him in the office, but not much work was done when the pair was together.

Today was different as Finn told the woman that they were visiting London to see Ada. "Really?" Bunty looked confused, "is she expecting us?"

"Well, no," Finn told her, grabbing his coat and Bunty's. "I thought it would be good to get away from Small Heath for a while," he told her.

"What about Elliot and Florence?" She then asked. The children were still asleep in their rooms since it was still quite early in the morning.

"The Nanny will look after them," Finn told her; he held out his hand to her, Bunty took it, and Finn pulled her closer. "Think of it as a little break from the kids," he said, kissing her cheek.

"I suppose that does sound good," she said, looping her arms around his neck and kissing his lips properly. "How long are we staying there?"

"I'm not sure," he told her, "probably only for a day or so."

Bunty pouted, "not much of a holiday, then, hey?"

"No," Finn chuckled, "so, you want to go?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Even if it's only a couple of days, it's better than staying here all the time."

"Great, I'll bring the car around," he kissed his wife once more before making his way to the door.

"And leave me to pack?" Bunty questioned.

"Love you!" Finn called from the doorway before closing it.

Bunty rolled her eyes and went to pack a bag with their clothes. After she did this, she went to check on the children. She went to Flo's room first and was pleasantly surprised to see that Elliot had snuck in and was sleeping at the end of Florence's bed.