The return

Recap: Prem and Preeti missed each other.

It was semester holiday for Prem, he had planned to stay at his hostel and keep the focus on his studies, but the more time was passing the more he was missing her. Preeti was everywhere.

No one had an idea of his plans, Vinod was talking with Bebo on the phone, "Yaar you met her right? How is she?"

"Vinod you are too much, she is fine and she don't asking about Prem. She is keeping the distance, I don't know why?"

Vinod too was confused, "haan even Prem Bhaiya doesn't ask for her, he talks to Maa and papa. Sometimes to Vivek Bhaiya and at the end to me. Ohho do I come at last? I'm the first choice."

Bebo didn't answered him, she knows the best how self loved and obsessed he is, she isn't different in this point.

Prem had booked his tickets. I know I will get scold by you, my Love Preeti. I'm coming to meet you.

Preeti was at home with Pritam, it was their regular time to talk, but Prem hasn't called her neither did he messaged her.

Preeti was upset and tensed at the same time. Why hasn't he messaged me? I'm waiting for so long, yesterday I couldn't talk to him and the day before he was busy. I hope all is fine with him.

Prem was at the airport, his flight was on time and he was already sitting in his plane. Soon I'm there to be with you.

Preeti went upstairs, it was quite late in the night and she didn't felt to stay awake any longer. He won't call I know.

It was the next morning

At the dining table the family members were sitting together and having a healthy meal, "Mamta today you made Prem's favourite food, but he isn't here." Ram said looking at his wife, who was missing her son bitterly.

"I know he isn't here, but I'm a mother can't forget him. After all he is my son, wherever he is, he is close to my heart."

"I'm so happy that you said this, cause I'm closer than you think." The voice of Prem echoed through the hall, they all looked toward the door and saw him standing there.

They all were happy seeing him, "Prem!" The family members stood up just to hug him, he made his way and hugged the family

"What are you doing here and does Preeti knows you have come?" Vinod tried to tease him, but Mamta twisted his ear, "shut up you mischief boy. He has come to surprise us, then why would he tell her? Come my son."

"Oh Prem come sit and have a breakfast with us."

Prem took his place and they all shared a wonderful time, he was looking at Vinod, "don't tell it to anyone, I'm here to give her a surprise so please keep this as a secret in front of Bebo."

Vinod scratches his palm, "if you want me to seal my lips, pay me and I will be calm."

Prem shook his head, "fine, I will pay you." They were in their bedroom, "bhaiya why don't you informed us, we could have organised a party for you."

Prem gave him a death glare, "shut up! A surprise is to keep a secret okay to make others unexpectedly happy." He was checking his phone and saw the number of Preeti. She had tried it yesterday. Damn it, I forgot to inform her that I'm not able to talk to her.

"Vinod, I can't find my wallet now, let me go and keep it as a secret or else I will use my boxing skills on you."

"That warning works, have fun brother." Vinod gulps and smiles awkwardly at the same time.

Prem reached the medicinal college, but Preeti wasn't there. Oh no, did I missed her or has she another schedule? Why didn't she told me?

Preeti was at home, she wasn't feeling well and stayed at home, she couldn't sleep the whole night thinking of him. I hope he is good? Why hasn't he contracted me?

Prem was driving the car, he stopped near a flower shop and bought a beautiful bouquet.

Preeti was in the kitchen, preparing chai for herself. Let him call, I won't talk to him neither will I call him. Enough of my love toward him, it's his turn now.

The door bell rings, Preeti was confused, "who has come now?" She turn off the stove and went to the door, "yes." She looked at him, the man, whom she was cursing a moment ago, she took into a tight hug.

"Prem!" 

"Haan Preeti I have come for you." He hold her tight, "I first went to your college, but they told me you haven't come today. I was scared then thought to call your father, Pritam uncle told me you didn't felt well. So I came here with them."

They broke the hug, "you talked to Papa?" She saw the flowers, a big smile decorated her face, "thank you." She took the flowers and asked him to come inside the house, he sat on the couch and she placed the flowers into a vase.

"Do you want to eat or drink something?"

Prem shook his head, "no, to see you is enough."

Preeti blushes, she prepared her tea and sat next to him, "for how long will you stay?"

"How long can you tolerate me?"

"Prem?!" She felt bad, but he was just teasing her, "I will stay a couple of weeks," he kisses her forehead and made her rest on his chest.

"Hmm you talked to papa and he didn't informed me, but he knows you are coming here."

Prem immediately took his hand away, she was laughing at him. "You teases me and thought I will let you go away with it, never."

Prem shook his head, "I didn't meant to tease you, I was just praising you, that your present is enough for me."

Preeti smiles, "I understood it."

They had a nice time together, till late in the evening.

____
😊