Chapter 23

The Chosen one... (Part 2/3)

Nobody could figure out why but it seemed that the baby was angsty today, as though he had woken up from the wrong side of the bed. One thing for sure, Jungkook seemed to be in a older headspace, though not as old as what he normally was.

Jungkook was frowning and refusing to cooperate with any of his caregivers since he woke up. Jin had a tough time trying to change the baby's diapers, if the loud wails were not blatant signs.

Breakfast was also a challenge for Jimin and Taehyung. The baby refused to be fed, constantly leaning his head away from the bottle and trying to squirm his way out of his cradle position on Jimin, not to mention that Taehyung's hands had been slapped away multiple times when the elder decided to switch to feeding the baby with fruits. Eventually, it was Yoongi's stern look that tamed the baby and got minimal food into his system.

Hoseok had, thereafter, tried to lift the baby's mood by playing his favourite cartoon show, Paw Patrol. However, the baby could not even sit still for more than a minute. He was always fidgeting around, not to mention his constant whining over every single little thing. Just when the hyungs were going to give up, Namjoon entered the living room with a set of colouring materials in his hands.

So, that was how you found the baby sitting in between Namjoon's legs and doing some colouring now. If anyone saw the baby exerting alot of strength in colouring and let out sigh of desperation when he coloured out of the lines, nobody said anything. The hyungs knew better than to aggravate the baby further.

Nonetheless, Namjoon had been subtly threading his fingers through the baby's hair and mumbling soft praises into the baby's ears. Once in a while, the baby would hum in contentment. That was exactly what land the hyungs in puzzlement. They were clueless on grasping the baby's temperamental now, as though they were walking on thin ice.

Regardless, the hyungs slowly eased themselves around the baby and sat around to observe the baby with fond looks. The atmosphere were somewhat peaceful until a loud ringing tone blast throughout the living room and startled the baby. Everyone stared at Namjoon while the leader laughed sheepishly and excused himself to answer the call. That was definitely a wrong move.

Jungkook turned his body around and whimpered loudly, raising his arms in a desperate motion for the leader to pick him up. Namjoon could only look at the baby apologetically before leaving the living room.

What happened next was beyond the members' expectations.

"No!", Baby Jungkook wailed pitifully, anger mixed with sadness, while fat tears rolled down the baby's cheeks and he crawled fiercely towards the direction of where the leader had walked out.

"Kookie!", Jin was quick to hold him, arms tightening his grip on the small waist before he could advanced further. The hyungs could only look on sadly while they witnessed the baby struggling ferociously in Jin's hold.

The last straw that snapped the baby was when Namjoon re-entered the living room and announced that he had to go to the company for an urgent meeting regarding their upcoming concert.

"No!", the baby once again reached out to the leader.

Namjoon looked over to his members, as if silently asking for help, before kneeling down and holding Baby Jungkook's face between his hands, thumbs caressing the skin of cheeks, getting rid of a few tears.

"No, daddy no go!", the baby grabbed a fistful of Namjoon's shirt while he held on to the leader like a leech as though the leader might disappear if he let go. The baby tucked his head in the crook of the elder's neck and cried loudly.

Namjoon stood frozen while he tried to digest what he had just heard. The members were equally shocked as they stared amusedly at the pair.

"Daddy, no go!", the baby repeated, still crying.

Namjoon tried to shush the distraught baby in his arms, rather awkwardly as he referred to himself as Daddy. "Baby, D-Daddy has to go to work for a while. Can you be a good boy and stay home with Appa and your other hyungies?"

"No, no, no! Daddy, no go!" The baby just wanted his Daddy to be with him. Unbeknownst to the members, Baby Jungkook found solace in the comfort of his leader's broad frame. It made him feel secured and loved. He did not want to miss any of it at all.

"Baby..." Namjoon pleaded but the baby was not having any of that. He tightened his grip on the leader and sobbed louder. "Daddy, no go!"

With one last look, clearly strickened with guilt, Namjoon gestured to his hyung to take over the baby.

Baby Jungkook shrieked at the top of his voice when Jin pried him from the leader. The baby kicked his legs and swang his hands around, hitting his hyungs unintentionally.

"Quick, go now! We will handle it from here!" Jin motioned to the younger to run along as he fought to keep the baby in his hold.

"B-But..."

"Oh Namjoon-ah, just go! He will be fine! We will handle him!"

"Al-Alright then. I'll try my best to be back soon!" Namjoon got up and dashed across the living room, leaving with a heavy heart knowing that his baby was going to be devastated.

Baby Jungkook continued crying, screaming for his Daddy at the top of his voice. The hyungs could not help it but grimaced at the baby's devastating screams.

Jin was quick to comfort the baby, supporting Jungkook by his diapered bottom, walking around the living room while rocking him slightly side to side.

"Hush hush, baby. Daddy is going to come home soon."

"Ap–" The baby hiccuped miserably. "Appa." Jungkook clenched his fist in Jin's shirt while he pressed his face against the wide chest.

"Yes, baby. Appa is here, don't cry." The eldest swept the fringe from the baby's face and presses a kiss to the crown of his head.

As time passed, Jungkook's cries reduced to sniffles. Yoongi slowly made his way to the Mat-Mak pair with a tissue in his hands. He tilt the baby's head to face him as he made a quick move to wipe the tears and snot from Jungkook's face.

Yoongi then took over the baby from his hyung. He continued bouncing the baby in his arms, all the while whispering sweet nothings into his ears.

Although the baby seemed to calm down, the eldest rapper could still catch murmurs of "daddy" from the baby. Yoongi looked up at his hyung and shook his head.

"Do you think we should put him down for a nap? Sometimes baby can get upset due to lack of sleep." Taehyung suggested meekly.

"Or we could bring out to breathe in some fresh air." Jimin saw his members' raised eyebrows before he added, "Well, Jungkookie had been cooped up in the dorm for so long. A change of environment might serve as a good distraction?"

"Hmmm, that sounds like a plan. I'm all for a trip out. Maybe not too far. A nearby supermarket, perhaps?" Hoseok suggested.

"Okay then, let's bring him out. He sure seems to have cooled down." Yoongi tilt his head to take a peep at the baby, whose breathing has now even out and staring blankly ahead.

"Alright then. Who's going along? I have to stay in to prepare for dinner. Jimin-ah, Taehyungie, why not the two of you follow them?" Jin volunteered the maknae line before he cuts off the younger rapper, "Hobi-ah, you're on chef duty with me today so don't even think about sneaking away."

The 95-liners snickered while Hoseok grimaced.

"Baby, we are going shopping. Would you like that?" Yoongi spoke in the most gentle manner that the members had ever witnessed.

Baby Jungkook looked up from where his head had been tucked away in the crook of the rapper's neck, unshed tears still hanging on his eyelashes.

"You can say no, you know? We won't force you, baby." Yoongi added softly as he noticed a moment of hesitation in the baby's eyes. Eventually, Jungkook gave a slight nod.

Yoongi beamed with a wide gummy smile on his face. "Let's go get changed now then!"

Well, hopefully nothing is going to happen. Jin sighed as he thought.