Doesn't Matter

Ever since accidentally outing himself to his best friend, Bakugou had been actively trying to think of a way to break the news to his parents. Surely they'd be the hardest to talk to about it and it could only get easier from there.

It wasn't exactly required of him to tell any of his colleagues or anyone he had a work relationship with honestly, it was none of their damn business. With his parents though, he felt like he owed it to them to at least let them explicitly know.

Surely it couldn't be just dropped with no lead up. Maybe just the typical 'I got something I need to tell you' and the speech about how this is who he is and he hopes that they'll support him, but that seemed dumb considering he already knew generally how they'd react.

He could even lead off from where they'd previously started to argue. Talk about how he wouldn't be getting a wife or be having kids in any 'natural' way because that wasn't a possibility.

Whatever. Worrying about it so much was dumb. Kirishima insisted that it was normal, that almost everyone who had been in his position faced a similar conflict. He just happened to have maybe waited a bit too long. Well, Kirishima insisted that everyone went at their own pace and that the blonde would only face it when he was ready. It made sense, but it still felt as though he was late to the party in terms of being ready to do this.

That was all pointless now anyway. He was ready now, that's what mattered most.

It'd been about a week since that argument. Katsuki and his mother had since briefly made up over text and had arranged for Katsuki to go round on his next day off, which came by way too quickly for his liking.

It was honestly lucky he had such a close relationship with his parents anyway. He'd see them every couple weeks at least and they mostly got along, which is more than he could really ask for.

Even Kirishima, who had a really good relationship with his rather large close family, didn't see them that much. It wasn't necessarily on purpose, life just happened and they weren't exactly close in proximity.

Bakugou was lucky, he knew that. So it wasn't fair for him to be such a pussy about this. Not when he practically knew the response.

Even though he was actively trying to seem as normal as possible, even getting dressed to leave, he second guessed himself. This was definitely an important occasion to him, but his parents wouldn't know that. It would be stupid to get all dressed up, but that's what he instinctively wanted to do.

How long had it been since he'd worn eyeliner? A few months, at least. So why now of all times, was it so tempting? The only other time he felt this overwhelming urge to impress with his appearance was whenever he'd go out with Eijirou on a Friday night to unwind and just have some dude time.

But alas, he ignored it all. Left the eyeliner alone, tried not to look at the fancier clothes in his wardrobe for more than a few seconds.

Was it hot in there? It sure was. At least, the blonde had picked up some sort of fever as his adrenaline had picked up. The blood tended to rush straight to his ears in situations like this, leaving them red and burning.

Needless to say, he decided to leave his apartment five minutes earlier than what he intended to, to get at least a little bit of needed fresh air.

Shitty hair14:21
How you doing dude?

Bakugou mentioned it to Kirishima earlier in the week, how he needed to do it the next time he saw them or it would just keep eating away at him.

As Katsuki slowly inhaled the cool air, he strolled over to his car, fiddling with the keys in his pocket. He had the phone in his other hand, texting back before getting into the vehicle.