Adventure Land

A.N: it's official; I suck at getting things out in a timely manner. Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day! Please comment what you think, and stay posted for the next chapter!

»«»«»«»«

"... W-where are we?" Crona said with a slight smile in her voice, and gazed up at the sign above her.

"Well... What does it look like?" Kid replied, outstretching his arms in front of her with a wide smirk on his face.

The pinkettes side grin grew into a laugh, and she gave the boy a look of 'really?'

"Adventure Land?" She answered teasingly, making his face turn pink.

"What?" Kid attempted to defend himself, cheeks flushing. "My father let me design it when I was super young..." Embarrassment filled his tone. "Hey but at least everything is symmetrical! Right? Symmetry! Plus today is a holiday and so only exclusive members can get in today and that means the lines won't be very long and-"

Crona interrupted him with more laughter.

Her sweet, delightful laughter.

Kid could feel his heart doing backflips as she attempted to calm herself from the break in the conversation. He looked to the ground, face red, but not from the embarrassment.

I made her laugh...

Kid looked back up and met her eyes with a smile for a brief second before he continued.

"Race you to the front!"

Both students took off running to the front gates. The sound of Crona's high-tops and Kid's skateboard shoes pounded against the pavement rhythmically until they reached the ticket booth. When they arrived, they reached their arms under the wristband scanner and the machine made a small beep.

Kid was right; there was virtually no one here. There was small patches of teenagers and couples everywhere, but the lines were not at all long, and you could walk freely without bumping into anyone around you.

Kid approached a security guard standing by the gates.

"Excuse me Mia, but do you know what time the park closes today?"

The guard turned and her face lit up at the sight of the young shinigami. "Hey hey there, sweet pea! Been a long time since I seen you round here! The rides and things close at nine, but if you're staying for the, um..." Mia eyed Crona suggestingly and smirked, "The garden party, that ends at ten."

Kids face went red.

"Okay. Thank you for the information..." He managed to mutter before he shuffled away, avoiding eye contact.

"See ya later, honey bun!" She called to his back, a teasing tone to her words.

Crona caught up with the boy.

"H-how do you know the security guard? And what's the g-garden party?"

"Like I said... I got to design this place. Me and my dad used to come here all the time. And don't worry about it." He turned and smiled at her. "What ride do you wanna go on first?"

"Uh... I d-don't know... I've never been to a theme p-park..."

Kid studied her for a moment. She lowered her gaze to the floor as they were walking; her left hand crept up to her right elbow.

Good job, you dirty washing machine.

He sighed. "Well, guess we're just gonna have to go on them all." He put his hands in his pockets and turned to smile at her once again. The pinkette looked up and met his golden eyes. After a second, she giggled and nodded her head.