Can I ask you something, Crona?

In the morning, Death the Kid proceeded to put on a casual black and white checkered flannel, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and simple black pants. To top it off in the spirit of valentines day, he wore a bright red bow tie with a small shinigami skull in the middle. The rest of the morning was a routine. Teeth, breakfast, shoes, backpack, weapons- wait, weapons?! Liz and Patty were already gone. Why would they just leave without me?!

~~~~

"W-What is this f-for anyway?" The pinkette stammered nervously. Liz, Patty, Tsubaki, and Maka stood staring at her in awe.

"You look so pretty!"

"This is going to be so cute!"

"You'll find out soon enough." Maka reassured her, causing everyone else to giggle in excitement.

"O-okay..."

~~~~

Kid soared through downtown Death City on belzebub, looking for a good flower shop that wasn't too crowded. After some time searching, he decided on a store called Killer Buds and got off his board. The store was full of people and smells and happiness and the cheer that comes with Valentines Day. Looking through all of the flowers, he had made a combination bouquet of colorful lilies and roses that had been dyed with hot colors to look like a sunset. He went up to the cashier, paid, and got back onto belzebub to fly to school.

•••••

Kid nervously walked down the halls of DWMA, a million things running through his mind at once.

Oh father, please spare me... The halls were mostly empty, since he spent such a long time picking out flowers. The late bell was about to ring. As he made his way to Stein's class, he was surprised by the sound of small wheels clattering on the marble. The scientist came up behind him, catching sight of the bouquet he was desperately trying to hide.

"Whats that, Kid?" Stein asked teasingly.

"Its nothing..." He said, though it was obviously not nothing.

"Doesn't seem like nothing to me..." Stein loved making him squirm.

"Just shush about it okay..!"

"O-kaaayy..." a smile spread across his scarred face as they entered the classroom. Kid caught sight of Crona, sitting in her normal seat next to Maka, which made his face go red. Crona caught sight of the professor, making her cower in her seat. The girls that had been at Maka's house earlier all giggled at the blush of Kid, making his face even more red. Did Liz and Patty tell all of them?!  As he began walking towards his seat, Stein suddenly called him out to come over to the scientists desk.

Kid walked over to Stein, confused. Stein, seeing the whole thing, whispered in his ear, "You kids would be cute together." And smiled. Kid went red as a tomato, gave the mad man an angry embarrassed look, and climbed the steps to the back of the classroom to take his seat.

"I wont dissect you Crona. Come out from under your desk."

Class seemed to take forever. All he could think about was her. Crona Crona Crona Crona... what should I do if she says yes? Where am I going to take her? Is my hair okay? Darn you white stripes! Always making me asymmetrical... its not like that matters to her though... what if she doesn't like when my sleeves are rolled up? He rolled his sleeves down. But what if they make me look more attractive? He rolled his sleeves back up again. Argh, they're all crumply!!

When class finally ended, he grabbed his bouquet of flowers and hurried out of the room. Looking around for Crona, nervousness set in.

And then he spotted her.

She was wearing an eggshell white dress with thin straps and shades of purple and blue flares coming from the bottom, like a colorful fire. Her hair was the way she normally kept it, other than a red bow with a shinigami skull in the middle pinned in her hair.

Oh... she's so pretty...

He began walking towards her, not really knowing what was happening.  "Hey Crona!" He called out to her. She turned around, startled. When she saw it was him she gave him a nervous smile. "H-hey, Kid..." she said looking to the floor. Her voice had snapped him out of the mini daze he was in, him now realizing what was happening, and he started to panic. YOU IDIOT! I'm so stupid!

"Uhm, these are f-for you..." he held out the bouquet, the 8 flowers in perfect symmetry. Her face lit up with happiness.

"T-thank you Kid! They're so pretty..." Crona said, taking them into her hands.

"You should see yourself..." Kid said under his breath.

"Huh?"

"Oh nothing..." he blurted out. "Um, actually, I wanted to ask you something... do you want to go somewhere after school today?"

"Uh... I-I don't know... where?" Crona stammered nervously.

Kid smirked. "Well, see, that's up to you. Wherever you want to go is fine with me."

The pinkette thought for a moment before replying, "How about you choose... I don't know how to deal with making decisions..."

"So, surprise place?"

"Yea, sure.."

The shinigami smiled brightly. "Its a date then! I'll come by your room at 4. Okay?"

Crona smiled and got a sudden interest in a pebble on the floor. "Okay." She said, failing at hiding her happiness.

"Great! See you then, Crona!" Kid turned away from her and started to walk down the hall. As he opened the door that lead to the balcony of the school, high pitched girly squeals filled the air. He spun around to see Maka, Tsubaki, Liz and Patty jumping in circles around Crona, who of which looking half terrified. Oh, Lord Shinigami...

Kid walked out onto the balcony and folded his chest over the railing like a book. What... just... happened? He came to a realization that his hands were clammy and shaking. Standing up again, he gazed into the open sky. It was partly cloudy now, cloudier than it was this morning; the air was fresh and smelled of orange blossoms. The sun was asleep, hanging in the vast blue, so the air was refreshing and cool, a great day for a flannel. The open sights gave Kid a nice sense of hope, calming his shaken nerves, and he walked back inside and towards his next class.

AN: Hey! Thank you for reading. Please tell me if you like it, and what I should do better as an author. Pleasant critique is always helpful :) Thanks!