"Are you mocking me?" I asked Ally. She giggled at my question. She giggled like I was stupid and honestly, yeah, I think I am stupid. If I was smart I would be able to have everything I wanted right now. Like happiness and Ashton, but instead I tortured myself.

"You're the only person I would never mock." Ally assured me.

"I guess Luke isn't safe then?" Ashton voice came up behind us, startling us. His hair was gelled back and he wore an all black suit that was tailored just for his body. God, what a sight. I felt blessed.

"Ashton." I nodded to him.

"Sage." And responded, keeping strong eye contact with me as he pressed a kiss to the back of my hand.

"Where's Veronica?" Ally interjected in a petty tone.  "She wouldn't miss her best friend's birthday for anything." She scrunched her curls in her hand, rolling her eyes at the lack of Veronica's presence.

"She's ill." Ashton placed my hand back down to my side. "Food poisoning."

"And not arsenic poisoning?" Ally's palm lied against her chest, feigning surprise. "What a shame." She shrugged one of her shoulders, before walking off. "I'll leave you guys."

Why couldn't she stay? I didn't wanna be in this awkward tension with Ashton while we figured out how to be together with Veronica still around.

"Stunning. So stunning. And you wore the necklace?" His voice was husky as he admired the necklace. "I barely have any words. You look beautiful."

I nodded. "I appreciate that. Thank you." I peered over my shoulder to see Veronica and Calum staring right at Ashton and I. Elizabeth would be reporting this interaction back to Veronica in real time. I could tell by the way that her fingers began tapping aggressively on her phone. "But Elizabeth already saw you talking to me, so I think you should part ways from me."

"Follow me." What? I didn't have the breathe to ask any questions as Ashton yanked my hand so I could follow him. The birthday party was at one of the grandest ballrooms in a hotel that was downtown. So when Ashton dragged me out of the ballroom, we were going down an endless hallway of doors, until we were finally away from all of the commotion of the party. Though, the hotel was expensive and super fancy, the hallways weren't even illuminated by anything remotely nice. Just dim, yellow lighting that made me feel subconscious about how I thought I looked underneath them. "I just need t-" Ashton didn't finish his sentence before I felt his lips crash onto mine. As much as I wanted to deny the affection, I couldn't. No matter what, there were always magnetic forces keeping him and I from parting. As if we were meant to be. "I love you so much." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I didn't hesitate to say it back. I had nothing left to lose. I wanted to shout it from every rooftop, but who would approve right now?

"All of this is going to change soon. I promise." He kissed my forehead again. "I want you. No one else."

"Sage?" I heard Luke's voice echo down the hall. Of course, Luke would know where I was. He secretly had my phone's location on his own phone for two years of my life until I noticed he had it and decided that I was too lazy to turn it off. Besides, I never knew if I would get kidnapped. "Arrie is here, he's looking for you."

My eyebrows furrowed together. I jogged as fast as I could down the hallway in the heels I wore. Arrie wouldn't show up unless something was wrong. Ideally, my heart sank and my stomach tied in knots and I wanted to vomit on Ashton. But I didn't. Props to me for that.

"It's Sam..." Arrie huffed, trying to catch his breath. He probably fought to get in the party with his white t-shirt and sweatpants. In one of his hands was a piece of paper. "One of our mutual friends found this where they were staying. He's gone..."

"What do you mean?" I was skeptical. Anything could literally mean anything in this brand new world I had thrown myself in.

"They found his body in the lake."

There are choices that we make in life that are irreversible and ruin everything in long run. There are choices that we make in life that set us up for good. I can't decide if my choices have set me up for the good or for the bad. When you read this, Sage, I just want you to know that I am sorry. I am sorry I never got to be a better brother for you, I am sorry for never letting you help me, I am sorry that this had to happen. I will rest peacefully knowing that Arrie will keep you safe and knowing that Sienna is gone for, what seems like, good. She's back with her motorcycle club boyfriend, so you and dad can move on. Hopefully you two have the strength to do so.

With love,
Sam

Gasp