Meltdown Over A Painting

I spent the night on cloud nine. I lied in the double bed in complete giddy school girl mode. Did Michael feel like this with Samantha? Did Luke feel like this with Ally? I loved the feeling of being wanted, even if it was only temporary. I didn't want to get too excited on the idea of Ashton and I and ruin everything for myself when things didn't go as I planned in my head. I had to slow down before I got too far ahead, but I loved everything about my life right now. Minus minor details. I turned on my side to face the bed Evelyn usually slept in, but she decided to go home for the weekend since Elizabeth was with Calum tonight.

Ashton 2:34am:
I hope I can show you how much I care about you.

Ashton 2:34am:
There's no one else in the world like you.

I was a professional whenever it came to the talking stage or the moments leading up to the big reveal of feelings. Now, I lied here, reading over Ashton's messages over and over again without accomplishing to type up a reply. Embarrassing. At least if Evelyn was here we would be up talking about the perfect replies and over-dissecting Ashton's texts until I got weird and wanted to go to bed. This was simple girl code that I needed right now. Tragically, everyone that stayed at Lakewood on the weekends were no one I knew because they came from overseas or out of state. Everyone that I did know, were still at Calum's or home for the weekend because they were native to Seattle. This was so annoying to me. I was so annoying.

Ashton 2:45am:
Are you awake? Could you come back to Calum's?

Ashton 2:47am:
I could use your help.

Sage 2:49am:
Just randomly woke up. Be there soon.

-

There were still a lot of people partying and a few people passed out in random places in the house because they had too much to drink. Arrie stayed outside for lookout. The music was playing lowly now and some couples were slow dancing to trap music, nodding in and out of sleep too. Selfish of me to think the party always ended when I left. Michael was asleep on one of the couches and Luke was trying to convince Ally to stay at the party longer, but she was visibly exhausted.

"I'm tired." She said playfully so Luke wouldn't get upset at her tone. They held hands as they stood in front of each other, swinging them side to side. Ally was the only girl I knew who could look good in their makeup after twelve hours of wear. I needed to buy whatever she was using. Luke ran his fingers through her straight, long blonde locks, making her blush. He seemed to sober up in the few hours that I was gone. I was proud of him for managing that by himself.

"I'll miss you." He gave her a crooked smile, tucking her hair behind her ear on one side. "Can I spend the night?"

He was such a sappy fool with her and I hated to think I was the same way with Ashton.

"She's tired, Luke." I cut into the conversation, knowing how my friend could pester anyone into agreeing with anything.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He pulled Ally into his body by her waist, pecking her lips. She nodded her head.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!" Calum shouted, everyone's heads snapping towards the direction his voice came from. He was pale and very much had thrown up more once I had left, but the asshole Calum was back.  "Oh. My. Fucking. God." He stressed every word in disbelief, taking a large picture frame in his hands before his eyes widened. The friend he was getting mad at, flinched with every move Calum made. Calum's friends loved him, asshole or not. They would always praise him for any small thing he did. But sometimes they were just not prepared to have Calum yell at them for the idiotic things they did. Even Calum had limits, but his friends had the mindset that as long as they praised Calum, Calum would never dare speak to them like he spoke those he claimed were "below" him. I liked to think of it as a classic historic tale. Those close to the king thought they were safe and could get away with anything but once you betrayed the king you found yourself staged in front of the entire city to be decapitated. A modern day very of that would likely unfold before our eyes tonight.