Facebook

"I am so glad today is over with!" Ashton announced as we shuffled out of the classroom.

"Agreed." Luke nodded.

"Oh, Sage." Samantha started. "I saw your mom last night."

"Oh yeah, where?" I switched positions with Luke so I could stand next to Samantha and force him to talk to Ashton more since Michael was still being shady. Arrie followed closely behind the four of us, in his own world, not interested in the things that we had to talk about. He mostly kept quiet at school and let me do my thing unless he was suspicious and needed to intervene.

"At Barolo. Mom and dad took me for dinner since I did so well on my report card this quarter. For a second I thought your dad was suffering from severe hair loss, but I got a closer glimpse of the man your mom was with...and lets just say he's not attractive." She sounded completely repulsed. "But then your dad is outstandingly more attractive than any other dad I've ever seen..."

Samantha had no shame putting out there that she thought my dad was good looking. In middle school she had a creepy crush on him, in the ninth grade she tried to tell me about this doctor/patient fantasy she had about him, and in the tenth grade she finally accepted that she was too young for my dad. Yes, all of that was while she was dating Michael.

"The man was bald, like he looked like an eraser and the top of his head was shiny like Mr. Carter's. He also had a grotesque beard. It was sooooo bad, Sage!" Samantha cringed. "He ordered a soup and his beard kept getting in it. I couldn't finish my meal because I kept gagging and not in a kinky way!" Both Luke and Ashton laughed, shaking their heads. "There was this younger guy sitting with them too. No clue who he was though. It was just weird seeing your mom having dinner with people that weren't you, Sam, or your father."

I left Sammy's partial gaze, meeting Ashton's and he shot me a sympathetic look.

"She might've been meeting with new parishioners from our church..." Ashton quickly picked up that I didn't have a thing to say and threw out a possibility to distract everyone from the truth.

"I thought that too at first. Then she started getting a little too cozy with the bald man."

"I have no clue..." I trailed off.

"How come I wasn't aware that your mom had left?" Luke perked up.

"Slipped my mind, really..."

"You and Michael weren't talking to her for a little while so how was she supposed to tell you?" Ashton defended.

"I already feel guilty enough about that." Luke mumbled. "But thank you for reminding me, Ashton. I truly appreciate that."

-

There was a weird moment where I knew Michael and I were back on track and that was when him, Luke, and Arrie were all in my room, enjoying the fact that Evelyn had gone back home so she didn't spread her germs.

"Okay, so here's what's happening after the game. This week." Arrie plopped down on my bed and stole a chip from Michael, the exact chip Michael had only an inch away from his mouth. "Us...fake IDs...clubbing. How does that sound?"

"Fuck yes!" Michael cheered a little too violently causing chips to fly out of the bag and onto my bed.

"Awful." I said at the same time as Michael.

"I am going to be your wingman, Sage." Arrie pointed to himself. "We're going to get you the best piece of ass in Seattle."

"But-"

"I'm not letting you spend another Friday night at Calcium's house nor will I let you spend the night writing another paper." He insisted, healing Michael cleaning the chips. "Be wild!"