"And why do you say so?"

"I was the CEO of Park Entertainment, one of the most famous music industries in South Korea. My family, friends, and wife were beyond proud of me. I put a lot of shit into reaching that goal, you know? Most especially to my parents. UOnemistake was enough for them to turn their backs on me."

"What do you mean?"

"I was caught cheating. The people who knew me were disappointed. And so they terminated our deals and partnerships. Friends began to leave. I didn't even have to visit my parents because I knew they'd disown me the moment I fucked up."

I inhaled sharply before continuing. "It hurts even more because none of the news was even real. I wasn't given a chance to explain. I didn't care about that shitty company or my family. I only cared for my wife. But she has well left without giving me a chance to explain."

"I-I don't know what to say, honestly..."

I smiled bitterly. "It's alright. You didn't know. At least I got some weight off." I chuckled.

"For how long were you married?"

"Two and a half... it would have been our Fourth this year. People often ask me why I wish to love at such a young age."

"Then why?" She asks curiously.

"Because you're never too young to want happiness."

"The day she left you..." She starts, and I wait for her to finish. "Was that the last time you saw her?"

I nodded and painfully smiled. "The most painful goodbyes are the ones never said and never explained. A smile can hide the tears. A laugh can hide the pain, but nothing stops the longing to have them again, moments that seem so hard to forget. It seems like a dream, but it's the reality."

"How about we head back home? It seems kind of late. Lisa and Jisoo might kill me for kidnapping you." I added.

Ruby Jane chuckles as she shakes her head. "How is this kidnapping if I agreed to be with you?"

"Fair enough. But still, you know how they are, especially to how I am right now."

"Chaeyoung, I know how life is unfair. You're fighting, and the wounds of yesterday still hurt at night. You feel lost in darkness; grief consumes you, and so does madness."

She says, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Where is she getting at? Unexpectedly, she held my hand, which made me cringe from the sudden contact. My heart is pounding. But what I feel right now is fear.

"Take my hand; take the light that I share. Call me your friend. I may not know the full story, but I understand your feelings. Wounds never truly heal. But know that you don't have to suffer in silence and hide your tears; don't give up and take this light I share as much as possible. I want to help you." She ends as she tightly yet gently squeezes our intertwined hands.

~~~

L I S A

Jisoo and I just got home from going out. I forgot to inform Chaeyoung that we would be home late. Surprisingly, no one was home. Chaeyoung is nowhere to be found, and so is Ruby Jane, which means they are together. I hope. Because all Chaeyoung wants is to be alone.

Jisoo suddenly appears and takes a seat beside me on the couch. We did have our date. But it was cut off shortly when Seokjin called. He's Jisoo's brother and one of the most influential businessmen in Korea. He owns Kim Finance.

"Seokjin has sent me the files." She says, and I nod. I know how wrong Jisoo is trying to do. But if this is the only way to find the truth. Then it's worth a try. Ruby Jane's accident can somehow be connected to Jennie's disappearance.

~~~

"Sooyoung Park was married!?" I widen my eyes at the information. Although there were no photos, it's written that they were. 

"She was married and got divorced in February. It also says that she was married to Chanyeol Park-" I choked at the name. Jisoo frowns and raises a brow.

"She was married to Chanyeol Park!? He's Chaeyoung's cousin!" I inhaled deeply as my heart began to pound. "He was married? How come we never knew?" I ask as my mind starts to get messy.

"Wait, Chaeyoung's his cousin?" Jisoo repeats as she scratches her chin.

"Come to think of it. Chaeyoung and Chanyeol were never friendly toward each other. So maybe it was a private wedding? We could have been informed since I have lived with Chaeyoung almost my whole life."

"Wait, They got divorced the year Jennie disappeared."

"Then does that m-"

"We're back!" Ruby Jane exclaims.

Jisoo and I panicked and chaotically arranged the papers in front of us. Knowing there wasn't enough time to hide them. I pulled her arm and pinned her on the couch, letting her splat over the papers on the couch.

"What are you-" I cut her off by sealing my lips with hers.

A minute after our hot make-out session. We pulled apart and stared at Chaeyoung and Ruby Jane standing in front of us with unreadable expressions. Chaeyoung glares, knowing I made out with Jisoo at her place.

"I'm out," Chaeyoung groans and goes to her room.

"I'll uh... go to my room." Ruby Jane dryly says but is stopped when Jisoo calls her name.

"L-Let me go with you," Jisoo said before she left; she smacked my head hard.

"We'll talk later," She says sharply, and I had a strong urge that I won't make it out alive.

R U B Y   J A N E

Going back to the house was awkward since me, and Chaeyoung saw Jisoo and Lisa making out on the couch. We know that they are a couple, but I never expected them to be that wild to each other. Talk about taking it slow. 

"S-So, D-Did you guys have fun?"

I nodded. "She's fun to be with, to be honest."

"But?" She asks, sensing that I have something more to say.

"But it seems like she's facing something."

"She is, which is why Lisa's trying her best to help her."

"Unnie," I called, and Jisoo faced me right after placing her things on the counter. "Why does it feel like the more I get to know her, the stronger the storm gets?"

=====