"Alright. Let's go." I say grabbing my purse and unplugging my phone.

"Oh, wait." she says as I grab black high heels from my only closet.

"What?" I ask putting it on.

"Damn." she says observing me. "You look hot."

"Whatever. Let's go." I smile opening the door.

"Hey, ladies." Hunter says as he gets out of his apartment as well.

"You look nice. Where are you going?" I ask.

"With you guys." he smiles.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." I apologize.

"Oh, Ali. By the way I invited Hunter." Isabelle says joining our conversation.

"Okay, well let's go." I say.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we all go into Isabelle's car. Me sitting in the passenger seat, and Hunter sitting in the back.

"A club. It's pretty sick." She says beginning to drive.

"Ah," I say, "because that's so what I want to do."

"It should be. You're finally 18." She says as she begins to drive.

The ride was short and we found a close parking spot. The wait to go into the club wasn't long either. It was like I had birthday magic or something.

"Um, Issy?" I say.

"Hmm?" She says.

"Are the boys going to be here?' I ask as we enter the club.

"Ali! Over here!" I hear a voice call out to me. I turn my head to see the boys and girls sitting at a table near the bar.

"Was I not supposed to?" She asks.

"No, it's okay." I reassure her. "It's just that, I don't want to-"

"Ali, you can't let your past haunt you and make you shut out everyone." She says putting a hand on my shoulder. "You know what I mean, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I got it." I say.

She's right. I let my past ruin everything for me. I didn't finish high school, I won't let people come close to me, I even only go outside my house only to go to work because I'm too scared to do anything else. It's about time that I started having some fun for myself. I'm 18 now. I can do what I want, whenever I want.

"Hey guys!" I scream over the loud music. "I feel like I haven't seen you three in forever!" I say embracing Skylar, Andy, and Jessie into a genuine, warm hug.

"Because it has been forever!" Jessie laughs.

"Drink up, birthday girl!" Andy says handing me a shot. They begin to chant. I can't help but laugh then drink ever last drop of the shot. I hissed at the bitter taste burning my throat. They all cheered drinking their own drinks as well.

"Wow, it feels so different to drink legally." I say causing them to laugh.

"Well, that's the first of many shots tonight, Hun." Skylar laughs. I have a feeling that she had a couple drinks before we came.

We all go to the dance floor wildly with drinks in our hands. The smell of sweaty bodies and sticky beer were strong, but it couldn't be any better. The sight of our smiling faces looked somehow brighter and genuine than any other night. Tonight is the night I let go and enjoy everything I couldn't before.

When my bottle emptied out I go back to the bar to get another drink. I stumble a few times, but eventually make it. The bartender looked at me with amusement, and I simply flashed him a smile.