Chapter 10- get your ears checked

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, then what's it like, Lex?"

I cleared my throat. "Well, we were apart for five long years. I truly missed him and you lot as well. I love him, I do, but not the way you're thinking. I- I love him and- and you all as friends. If there was anything going on then you would know."

"So, you don't have feelings for him?" She questioned.

Oh, how badly I wanted to tell her but Venson has to be the first to know!

"No, I don't—" I quickly replied back then started cooking up something in my head. A lie to get out of this situation until a little later when I tell her about my true feelings.

"—sure—" she shrugged.

"—because I have a date," I quickly interjected, wanting her to believe me and her eyes widened in shock.

God, what did I do?

Why did I lie?

"A date?" She questioned and I nodded softly. "A date with who?"

Yeah, Lex, a date with who exactly? Who is this imaginary friend that you are dating?

"Uh- a date with- a date with..." I looked around to find a name but my mind went blank as it goes in history. Suddenly, Ansh walked into the class with his backpack over his shoulder and his eyes glued to the ground, not giving a care in this world. "A date with Ansh!"

What. In. The. Mother. Effing. Hell. Are. You. Doing.

Am I trying to get myself into trouble? I think I am!

"Oh, so you're saying that you're going on a date with Anshuman?" Emma questioned.

Before I could even process her words, I nodded quickly. "Yes, yes of course, I am!"

What the actual hell am I doing?

Stop this! Stop this right now!

"So, you're gonna bring him to the party?" She raised her brow suspiciously.

Hell no!

Don't say it!

Don't you dare speak, you stupid tongue.

"Of course," I said in a duh tone, not fully understanding the consequences which will arise from this simple lie. "Why wouldn't I?"

No!

What did you do?

Why did you lie?

Well, why did you let me lie?

Oh, this is on me? This is so not on me, you stupid insolent tongue! Blabbering lies and stupid things will get me into a lot of trouble.

"Okay then, I cannot wait to meet him at the party... as your date," she smiled sweetly at me, but I knew that she didn't buy what I told her.

She won't believe me until she sees Ansh and I together, locking arms and walking into the party together.

God, what did I get myself into?

Slowly, I looked up and met Ansh's brown eyes as he walked towards me. He smiled at me and I reciprocated that smile with even a bigger smile, trying to get Emma to believe me because she was witnessing what was happening.

"Shit, he's coming here," Emma whispered and started freaking out. "Shit, he is actually coming here!"

"I can see that, Emma, can you stay calm?" I replied back between the smiles.