Chapter 7- stay with me

"I met someone and I want you guys to meet her," Venson started and we all stared at him, laughing our asses off. "Come on."

"Meet her? Oh what do you know, it's a her and not a he because I really had my doubts on you," Noel chuckled even more, with no offense.

"Who didn't?" I snorted.

"I'm serious," he said, his expressions reflecting his serious statement.

"Woah, sorry man we were just joking," Blake apologized.

"So, you guys will meet her?" He asked and we all stared at each other without replying. "I'll take that as a yes."

Slowly, he walked to the door and opened it which revealed the previous girl that I had seen with Venson and the same one whom everyone else hated.

"Her?" Emma seethed.

"Yeah," Venson replied back. "She's not my girlfriend. We're just seeing where things go, nothing serious but I still want to know if you guys will approve of her and accept her."

"Why does their acceptance matter anyways?" The girl, whose name I forgot, made a face and Venson took a step away from her.

"Linda," Venson said in a warning tone. "They are my best friends and if they won't approve of you then I won't be with you even if I really want to and it's as simple as that."

"That's crazy because they all hate me," the girl, Linda apparently, replied back then glanced at me. "Except Alexandria but they'll poison her mind as well."

"They do have a damn good reason to not like you," Venson scratched his neck.

"You're not a saint, Linda, we all know about the shit you have done in the past," Emma started finally because I was dying to find out the reason. "It doesn't exactly look like the girl that our best friend will be dating."

"Shut up Emma," Linda retorted causing Blake to get angry.

"Why don't you watch your tongue," Blake replied back in a deep voice, causing Linda to shut up instantly.

"You are breaking the bro code, Venson," Noel shook his head in disappointment.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry," he finally said then turned to Linda and added, "Look Linda, I can't take you out."

"Bullshit, why are you giving them so much power over your personal life, Venson?" Linda exclaimed causing Venson to get angrier.

"Look Linda, they're the reason I am what I am today and they all mean the world to me. You won't understand it because you might not have friends who love and care for you as much as these people but I do. I guess I never saw you for who you truly were, I should've just listened to Noel and stayed away from you," Venson blurted out, hurting Linda's feelings.

"I won't spare any of you," Linda ran out of the room with tears streaming down her face.

I took a long moment to process everything that had just happened.

"What the hell just happened?" I called out in confusion.

"I guess I just broke up with my nonexistent girlfriend," Venson replied back, not saddened at all. "Not even a girlfriend, just a toxic friend."

"Venson, you know you can't always do this, right?" I said and he turned to me in confusion.

"Do what?" He asked and everyone stared at me.

"This. Seeking our approval in your personal life," I explained.

He scoffed, almost saddened by my statement. "Your guys' approval matters to me. Especially yours."

"I know and your guys' matters to me as well but you can't let us dictate who's right for you and who's not," I explained myself further because he was taking it the wrong way. "We might not always be the best judge of characters, I'm certainly not."

"She's right," Emma backed me up and I thanked her mentally.

"If I never ask for your guys' approval then my relationships would be disasters and you all know that," he said, half chuckling. "One of many reasons that I have never had a relationship to start with."

"Maybe but you are a good judge of characters," I started then he raised his brow, referring to Linda. "Well let's exclude her, shall we?"

"Okay fine, next time I'll surprise you guys with my girlfriend instead of asking if she could be my girlfriend," he said and something felt weird when he said girlfriend. "I'll bring her straight to you guys."

"Deal," Noel shook Venson's hand and others nodded but I found Emma staring at me intently.

We all dispersed to go to our classes and the rest of the day went like a breeze. There were people who were shocked to see me back in the states and I was shocked that they knew me.

I never realized that the modeling I did in Paris would spread this far. They all know me as the girl modeling for my mom's Lockis designs.

I felt like a celebrity.

"Can I steal her for a moment? Thank you," Venson came out of nowhere, interrupting the fan questions which were being asked and dragged me outside the classroom.

"Bugs, I was just about to start having fun here," I groaned dramatically and he rolled his eyes.

"All hail Ms. Paris, but I have some news for you," he started then his smile disappeared. "Actually, some good and bad news."

"Well, what is it?" I asked and he didn't reply back for a long minute. "Tell me already, my heart is already running a marathon."

"Well, Grandma hasn't been feeling well lately," he started, referring to Grandma Olive, Ma's mother, and I gasped. "So, Mom and Dad are flying back to London to see her and Grandpa."

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I asked and he shook his head. I quickly pulled him into a hug and he held onto me tightly, not letting me go for a split second, as if his life depended on the hug.

"I love Grandma and I can't imagine losing her," his breath seemed shaky. "But I know that everyone has to go one day. She's a fighter and I know Mom and Dad will bring her and Grandpa back with them, healthy."

"I'm sure of it," I slowly pulled away but he still clutched onto my hand. "Bugs, she'll be fine. She has been through so much and I'm sure Ma and Pa will bring her back to the States."

"Well, Mom seems to be the only one not panicking at the moment but I'm sure she is just not showing it. Aunt Aurora is meeting Mom and Dad at the airport as well," he replied back, referring to Ma's younger half-sister, Aurora.

"Stay with me until you feel better," I suggested and he stared at me blankly. "Yeah, Mom and Dad have to go to California for the week. I'll be at our apartment alone because Blake will be at Emma's."

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded willingly.

"Of course, that apartment is ours. After years we can finally live in it together," I smiled and he returned a small smile as well.

"That means a lot to me, Bunny, thank you," he came forward, kissed my head softly and left.

Something tingled my skin and shuffled inside my stomach when he kissed my head and held me ever so gently in his arms. A smile spread across my face and I returned to my class as Emma had witnessed it all.

_______

how's the chapter?

i know not much is happening but from next chapter, it'll all start to take twists and turns. keep reading my story to find out more about how twisted Alexandria and Venson's life is about to get.

don't forget to support me by voting, commenting, and sharing!