29 | seungmin loves homework

Seungmin finds himself huddled in one corner of the school library, with a pile of books on one side and an untouched scroll of paper next to it

Seungmin finds himself huddled in one corner of the school library, with a pile of books on one side and an untouched scroll of paper next to it. He's been reading and reading all day but nothing seems to get into his head. Moreover, this essay was going to be due before dinner tonight and it's almost three in the afternoon and since the paper was supposed to be 3 pages long, judging by the looks of how everything is going, the next couple of hours would be pure torture.

But, at least Yang Jeongin was next to him.

Lately, ever since Hyunjin somewhat drifted away from him, Seungmin's found the company of the younger Ravenclaw. It started maybe a few months ago when the older found it amusing when the younger got annoyed so he was constantly pulling small little pranks. But the Slytherin was caught by a teacher one afternoon and unfortunately for Jeongin, the two had to spend three weeks sorting out potion ingredients together. By the end of it, Jeongin's learned to get used to the Slytherin's ways while Seungmin's learned to tone it down a little bit as sitting down and talk with the latter was quite enjoyable.

"You okay?" Jeongin's voice breaks him from his train of thoughts. "You seem to have a lot in your mind."

Seungmin shakes his head before re-reading the sentence he was on all over again. "No, nothing," he assures the Ravenclaw as he lazily flips another page and sighs at how much he has to go.

Jeongin tilts his head, showing his interest in Seungmin's book before pulling it by the side a little closer to him. "What topic are you on?" he asks, joining on the reading.

"Dark wizards," Seungmin simply says, huffing. "There are a lot of them, how am I supposed to write a description of every single one of them?"

After scanning through the chapter, Jeongin laughs. "Yo, this isn't even hard," he looks up at the Slytherin who scoffs at the statement he just made, "come on, it's only a bunch of history."

"That's the thing, this shit should've been in History of Magic," Seungmin plays with the top corner of the pages, almost wanting to rip the page out in annoyance. "I purposely avoided that class to avoid history, you know?"

"Here, you write and I'll summarise them for you," Jeongin says, shoving the quill into Seungmin's hand as he takes the book on his lap.

Sighing, both of them got to work and Seungmin didn't believe it when the 3-page-long essay was done so quick (if he wrote the letters a little bigger) and now they're already returning the books to their shelves. Seungmin can't wait to get back into the dorms and lie on his bed till he eventually sleeps and wakes up the next day.

"You know, Min," Jeongin says as they walk side by side to the rows at the back of the library, "your topics are much more interesting than mine. Just have a look at this, a full twenty-page long description of the priori incantatem? Can I borrow this book? I know this is yours."