You Little Brat (monologue)

You Little Brat

Izzy Sneed

I, Izzy, try to confront my little brother, Keenan, about his attitude. I attempt to convince him to be more motivated and to get of the Xbox for awhile. Also, I try to persuade him to act more mature.

Keenan, I need to talk to you. You know brother to sister, sister to brother.

Oh? So your game of Minecraft is more important?

Now you have nothing to say? I'm sorry, but I am incredibly disappointed in you, You refuse to wake up in the mornings, nothing is ever good enough, and now you're failing math!

No, I won't leave you alone! I'm seriously just trying to help you! I think mom is real-

Okay, Keenan, okay. Covering your eyes is really going to solve anything. This is exactly my point; you still think you're a little kid. You're thirteen now, in the seventh grade.

At your age, I was waking myself up, doing homework on my own, and washing my own laundry- not making mom.

I'm sorry you're not hearing what you want. You aren't hearing about how great of a job you did while throwing a fit in Wal-Mart until you got what you wanted. You aren't hearing about how proud we are of you 60 in math.

Sorry.

You need a serious attitude adjustment. Come talk to me when you're ready to be mature.