Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

Hah. Glowing.

"Just peachy. I think I know what that stupid witch meant now, though," I grumble, turning the faucet on and washing my hands.

Letha's eyebrow raises in confusion and a look of uncertainty crosses her face. I'm sure she thinks I've lost my mind.

"I think you might be delirious. Do you want to go lay down?" She puts the back of her hand against my forehead to check if I'm feverish.

"Delirious? No. Terrified? Absolutely." I dry my hands on a paper towel, tossing it into the wicker basket by the sink. Reaching into my back pocket, I grasp the small white stick that told me what I've been fearing the past couple of week.

Taking it out and handing it over, I see Letha's eyes widen in shock before her face blooms in excitement.

"You're pregnant?!" She shouts, accidentally dropping the pregnancy test to the ground before grabbing me around the upper arms and jumping up and down with joy.

"Whoa, easy there," I say, clutching my stomach, my face no doubt going green with another bout of nausea consuming me.

"Shit, sorry. Oh my God, Callie, that's incredible!"

The absolute look of love and compassion on her face warms my heart and eases my nausea surprisingly.

"Is it, though? The club is going to freak. Heck, Gray is going to freak." I huff, stalking towards the little couch against the wall and flopping down, pulling my knees up to my chest.

Soon enough, I won't be able to pull my knees to my body with a massive baby bump constantly getting in the way of such a simple move.

The door to the bathroom opens, letting a flood of thumping music into the more quiet environment and the giggly laughter of a handful of Sheep.

Before they can enter completely, Letha barks, "Occupied! Find somewhere else!"

After several scoffs and whispered insults, the group of girls leaves for another bathroom and Letha locks the door behind them.

She advances across the room and sits beside me, pulling me into her side and letting me snuggle my head into the crook of her neck.

"So what if they freak? Do you want this baby?"

Through a quiet sniffle I nod. "Yes."

"And Gray loves you, so I'm sure he'll want this baby too. There's nothing to worry about. Everyone out there... - aside from Gray - their opinion doesn't matter. This is your body, your relationship, your's and Gray's decision. Who cares what they all are going to say? It's not their life and they can't do anything about it."

Shuffling and sitting back up, I turn to face her as she crosses her legs and tucks one hand in between her knees. "I guess you're right. I think I'm just worried about them telling us to get lost."

Letha laughs. "And if they try, I'll be sure to put them in their place. Don't you worry for one more second. Can't be stressing out my little niece or nephew in there." She pokes my stomach lightly.

Chuckling, I stand up making my way to the mirror one more time to look over my appearance.

"Care to help me get dressed in something not covered in the stench of vomit, then?"

She smiles and gets up to stand behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "I'd be happy to."

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Dressed in a tight black tube dress, showing off every minuscule curve of my body (grateful for the non-existent baby bump), I follow along beside Letha until we get to the Den where the two of us break off, her giving my hand a firm squeeze before parting through the crowd to get to my brother.