𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐖𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰

[Warning - Slight Suicidal Thoughts]

Song: Waving through a window - Dear Evan Hansen

Prompt: Harry feels alone, the sidemen all ignoring him or forgetting him. Until he snaps. Basically a vent tbh

I have also tried a different style.. idk aha
------------------

HARRY'S POV

'I've learned to slam on the brake'

It's been going on for months. They keep leaving me out, leaving me behind, ignoring me. It started off as just one or two of them, but slowly it became all of them.

'Before I even turn the key
Before I make the mistake'

I used to think I fitted in perfectly. We all loved each other like a family, I knew there was going to be a happy ending for all of us. But like always I was wrong.

'Before I lead with the worst of me'

So I did the only thing I could think of. I stopped trying. I didn't speak, didn't look in their direction. I did nothing.

'Give them no reason to stare
No slipping up if you slip away
So I got nothing to share
No, I got nothing to say'

I left them alone, never hanging out with them. At home or outside. They had no reason to purposely ignore me if I was never around in the first place. I thought they would finally realise they were wrong, that they had forgotten about me.

'Step out, step out of the sun
If you keep getting burned
Step out, step out of the sun
Because you've learned, because you've learned'

I thought they would notice. Notice that I was gone. Notice that I was hurting. Notice that they forgot. But they didn't. They never did.

'On the outside, always looking in
Will I ever be more than I've always been?'

I was always watching. Never joining in. The fan's noticed so why couldn't they? Was I really that invisible to them?

'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass
I'm waving through a window
I try to speak, but nobody can hear
So I wait around for an answer to appear'

In the end, I tried getting their attention once more. Even if it was the rude attention, them making a comment about me or my channel. Something... Anything.  But they didn't notice... They didn't say anything. I tried everything, I waved at them. I tapped everything I held. I spoke, yelled, cried, screamed at them... but they didn't notice.

'While I'm watch, watch, watching people pass
I'm waving through a window, oh
Can anybody see, is anybody waving back at me?'

Was I dead? Was I a ghost? Is this why they can't see me... no.. everyone else can.

'We start with stars in our eyes
We start believing that we belong
But every sun doesn't rise
And no one tells you where you went wrong'

We were happy.. What changed? Was I boring? No. That wouldn't be the case.. if it were I wouldn't have all my fan's I have now. Maybe we were just around each other too much.. Why can't they tell me so I can fix this?