Chapter 27 - The First Step

Start from the beginning

As I walked down the green carpet leading the way I took a moment to study the scenes depicted alongside me.

Wolves hunted in packs, chasing down giant herds of deer and a few inches later walked on two legs to collect their prey.

A beautiful woman stands before an enormous tree as green light spills from her fingertips and into the ground as soft white lights dance around her.

A well dressed man with a top hat stands above a crowd with strings hanging from his fingertips leading to their arms and legs; a puppet master doing his work.

It was them. The supernatural creatures of this world I had heard of. All of them were depicted in this room. Every one represented in their element, good and bad.

In the few moments it took for me to collect my thoughts the others had begun moving forward so I followed. I finally noticed that we weren't alone in the room. Muttering and footsteps could be heard from the shadows as we approached a long table set before what looked like a throne.

As I glanced up I noticed the throne area held four seats. The largest was carved from a dark wood but had a red hue. Designs similar to my tattoos laced across it's surface without a visible end or beginning. It felt old but there wasn't a single sign of wear on a single inch of it. 

The chair to the right was a bit smaller with a similar design and was seemingly made of the same materials.

The two others on each end were smaller but had none of the majestic strength that seemed to emanate from the first two. 

The largest one that caught my eye though. The longer I looked at it the more entranced I became. 

It looked.....alive? Not in the physical sense though. I could some type of power pulsing out of it, reaching towards me in waves.

"Remember Pandora. Be stoic and composed. Don't let them know what you're thinking." Mace whispered in my mind.

His voice brought me back to the present and I looked forward towards a bunch of men stepping forward from the shadows. Power rolled off of seven of them in waves. Purposefully it seems. There were eight and each one was dressed in different colored clothes and had a different expression. Some were angry, others were happy, but every one of them seemed surprised to see me.

One of the men stepped forward. The eighth who hadn't decided to childishly throw his power in my face. As his feet touched the ground they made nearly no sound. Whoever he was, he was strong. White hair flowed behind him but otherwise he looked no more than thirty. Twinkling brown eyes quickly took me in before he turned to Gideon.

"You said that you had found her, but I still had my doubts Gideon. My apologies." he said. His quiet words echoed through the entire room unhindered.

"I would have doubted my story as well father. Your apology is not necessary." Gideon responded with a bow.

Father?

"I welcome you Adalwolfa. This is the meeting place of the Roukan and the royal hall of the Adalwolves. Your predecessors. My name is Vasari Vaughn" the man said with a grand wave behind him.

"Hmph. You've always had a habit of jumping the gun in these situations Vasari. We still don't know whether this one is who we're looking for." one of the men said with a quick disdainful look towards me.

Vasari whipped around with a glare.

"Are you blind Julius? Setting aside her hair color look at the mark on her forehead! That alone should be enough. You may believe she is a fake but if you're wrong you just insulted your future ruler."