Chapter forty five: Back to Reality

"Micah!"

I opened my eyes then took my headphones off as I heard Jace banging on my door, yelling. I slipped the needle under my mattress before walking to the door and opening it.

"What?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

He looks at me before pushing his way inside my room. I look at him as he started looking around, walking further in. He kept looking around, pulling drawers out of my dresser and looking through it.

"Is there a reason why you're doing this?"

Looking over at me, he shuts the drawers then looks around for a moment. "Micah.. something's going on with you."

Walking over to my bed, I sat down and looked at him. "Why do you say that?"

"You're acting different for one. I know it has nothing to do with that woman now. It's been a week or whatever. You're just not acting like yourself and you're eyes are always half closed. I'm really worried."

I shrugged. "I'm tired all the time."

"Bullshit." He crossed his arms, looking around again.

"Whatever you're looking for, you're wasting your time." I put my headphones back on and turned the music on.

Jace started talking, but I honestly couldn't hear him. His lips were moving and he was waving his arms around, clearly mad as hell but I just chuckled cause it looked funny since I couldn't hear him.

He stared at me before walking out the door and slamming it, making the pictures on my walls shake.

I shrugged then went back to laying back and doing nothing. I crossed my arms, leaning against my headboard as I listened to music and went to another place.

-

Cameron had texted me later that night, but I ignored her because I had so much thinking to do. I wasn't even sure if I was willing to give her another chance or not.

My mind is a little different now.

I wasn't the same anymore.

I don't want to give her another chance to hurt me because it'll be my fault.

Sleep wasn't my friend tonight. I decided to go for a ride to ease my mind and forget all this shit that's been happening to me for the last three months.

Turning onto the main road, I sped down the road as I looked in the rear view for a moment. I gave it a little more gas, feeling the power beneath my feet.

Watching every streetlight pass by, I quickly drifted around a corner, giving it gas and speeding down the road. I made sure my speed was not passing one hundred but it was hard to do when I wanted to go faster.

Giving it a little more gas, I got an adrenaline rush for a second as I felt the turbo kick in, making the car go faster. I smiled as I looked in the rear view before drifting down another street.

My phone was sitting in the cup holder and I noticed it lit up. Glancing at the road, I picked up my phone and saw a text from Cameron. I quickly looked at the road once before looking at the text.

"You're someone who I never thought I needed in my life. I always thought I was not enough for someone to love but you came in my life and changed that. I know you haven't told me you love me, but I feel it when we're together."

Looking back at the road, I got another text. I opened it then read it.

"Micah. I love you so much. Things aren't going to be perfect between us but I'm trying. I say and do things that aren't me, but.. I don't know what to say. It's who I am and I wish I can control it but I can't. I really hope you give me another chance."