Chapter 1

Author's POV:

Jeon Jungkook. An ordinary boy that loves books more than his friends, because they're fake. Jungkook is a 19 year old boy, desperate to graduate but his parents want him to do something he isn't exactly sure if he can do it.

"Quit school, get yourself a slut — I mean, a rich woman and you'll be just fine." They said. His family was poor, well, not exactly. Poor poor, just average. They have money for food and some clothes, they can pay the bills. But there was a time in their lives that they ran out of money and went broke.

His dad got fired because he accidentally punched a customer at the candy shop for disturbing other people and having a short temper. Those were his reasons, his mom didn't work but tried. For now, she's working as a housewife.

But he didn't expect sudden news when she came home, "Jack! Where are you?" Soujie yelled, her voice echoed through the hallway. "What?!" The man yelled back, as he makes his way down stairs.

"My boss. Who I was working for as a housewife just offered us to stay in their house!" Soujie squealed, Jack then hug his wife and peck her lips, loud enough for Jungkook to hear.

He was reading at the floor, trying to concentrate but can't because on how much noise his parents is making. "Jungkook! We're not gonna be broke!" Jack cheered and hug his son, Jungkook just grunt, the book slips at his grip and fell to the floor.

"Oh. You're reading another book?" His mom asked with a smile, "Actually yes. It's The Help, got it earlier." He chimed, "With your money?" His dad asked. He just nod with a smile.

"Well don't worry son, you will now be able to buy more books! We're not broke!" He cheered again and Jungkook just force a laugh and nod, "What are we waiting for? Let's pack up!"

                     • • •

The Jeon's arrived at the Kim's mansion and Jungkook's jaw dropped.

That's a big house, he thought. I wish there's no spoiled brat at the Kim's. Cause if there is, I'm definitely choosing the streets to live with.

"Oh Soujie! There you are, oh. Is this your family? How wonderful!" A woman appeared when the big white door opens itself, her eyes landed on the lad who had his eyes immediately wide. "And who are you?" She asked, her sweet tone of voice just make him stutter a smile.

"J - Jungkook." He said, he shakes hands with the lady. "Well Jungkook, I'm Jamie. Kim Jamie, and this is my husband Kim Minhoji." She introduced at the Jeon's.

She let them enter the house, a quiet gasp released from the lad. As he entered, a high ceiling immediately caught his attention. A forest of family pictures were by every corner of the house. Plants were also at the corners, filling the empty spaces.

Huge living room with a big kitchen, his eyes wander upstairs. A big white shining chandelier was above there heads, and a huge family picture was by the middle of an empty space at the wall beside the chandelier.

His eyes landed at the brown haired girl, she was wearing something like a Chanel dress and had light makeup. Her hair was slightly wavy and was looking like a model. But for Jungkook.

She looks like a bitch, he thought.

"Your rooms are upstairs straight at the hallway. Its already labeled in separation. And Jungkook your name? Yes Jungkook, your room is beside Jennie. Our daughter." Jamie spoke, "Jennie her name?" He asked pointing the girl.

"Yes. Our daughter, she's actually not here right now but will come back soon. Hope so." He heard Jamie mumble the last sentence of 'Hope so'. What is she? A party girl? He asked himself.