Two

I take a swig of my cigarette, lightly blowing it out of my mouth. For some reason, smoking tasted better. We both tap out the ash at the same time and start giggling. His nose scrunches up and his cheeks rise as if apples are in them. It's absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"So, how old are you"

"I'm 24." Well that's at least what it says on my fake ID. Paul's eyebrows raise high.

"Really? You look awfully young for 24."

"Well, I take that as a compliment so thank you." I say with some sarcasm. "And how old are you?"

"I'm 26. Just graduated with a music degree."

"Do you write songs?"

"Yeah, I think I'm going to be recording some music soon, if I have the time."

"That's amazing! If you need cover art for your records, I would love to make them for you. I'm an artist."

"I would be very happy if you do that." His smile beams at me and I do the same to him. I can feel a burning sensation within me, like my stomach doing flips and my heart beating, hard.

"Will I be able to hear your music anytime soon?"

"Anytime you're available, I'd love for you to hear it. And I hope I can see your art, I'd like to get to know you better." He says flirtatiously.

I take a drink of my cranberry vodka, my usual drink of choice. I notice a lingering stare coming from Paul. Thank God I wasn't wearing something ugly today, and THANK GOD I shaved. I felt aroused by him staring at me so intensely.

"You are quite beautiful, y'know." He says, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. The ends of my lips curl into a smile, and I feel my cheeks blush immensely. I look up at him from my drink, he'd moved in closer to me, our knees touching. His beautiful, large doe eyes looked into mine, and it feels like he's looking directly into my soul. I courageously begin to softly touch his hand, my fingers moving smoothly across his warm skin. I feel Paul's hand touch my knee, and gently move up my thigh. My heart beats so fast, it could jump out of my body at any second.

Suddenly, his face begins to move in closer to mine, lips slightly parted. I start to do the same, and once we closed the gap between us, it seemed as if we couldn't break apart. His hands are now at my waist, mine on his shoulders.

"Come with me." I whisper into the kiss. I breakaway from our connection, grabbing his hand and leading him to the girls bathroom. Paul follows obediently, a wide smile on his face as looks at me up and down, taking in the fact that my skirt is quite short.

Paul grabs me and continues to kiss me as we open the door, pushing it with our bodies. He picked me up and set me on the sink counter. My legs wrapped around him, and my hands cup his face and begin to wander around his neck and chest. I feel his tongue flick past my lips, and I grant him passage. His hand moves up my thigh, to the small of my back, and up my sides. After about 10 minutes of our hot makeout, Pauls soft lips lift off of mine, and his eyes land on mine again. He caresses my cheek and I lay my face into his hand. We stare deeply into each others eyes. 

I'm in absolute awe of him. Just everything about him. His hair, his eyes, his love for music and art, his voice, his kissing.

"I'd love to see you again soon, Valerie."

"I would too as well."

"Maybe next Saturday, around 7 p.m.?"

"Sure, what should I wear?"

"Anything you'd like, you would look stunning in everything." His fingers run through my hair, and he kisses my lips, passionately. He then kisses my forehead, leaving his lips there for a couple seconds before parting. We leave the bar, talking and holding hands.

"This is my bus stop." I say with sorrow in my voice.

"Meet me outside the bar on Saturday, I can't wait to see you again."

I go on the bus, and watch Paul as he continues to walk down the street. If only I could see him sooner.