Chapter forty four: Choices

Start from the beginning

I entered it as soon as it was time for classes to begin, which made me smile to myself then I took my usual seat in front of my computer. Logging on it, I heard Mr. Thomas talk about an upcoming holiday week that we'll be taking.

Focusing my attention over to him, he was standing in front of everyone. "Next week is our one week break, so make sure you have everything turned in to me. Even if it's a few weeks late, turn it in and I'll mark it as a grade."

I didn't have anything to turn in since I always turn my shit in on time. But it was nice of him to do that. A lot of instructors wouldn't even spare anyone the chance.

One reason why I like him.

As class went on, I did random shit on the computer as everyone else was doing assignments that they never turned in. I looked towards the front and saw Mr. Thomas standing at his podium.

I placed my elbows on the table, but even instantly regretted it as pain shot through my arm. I quickly moved them and rubbed my inner elbow where the needle was.

Ever since I left from Cameron's mom's, I sorta been doing shit that kinda helped me in a way but is also messing me up.

I got in contact with my drug dealer again, asked if he had anything that I could shoot up cause the pills weren't really my thing. I wanted something a lot stronger and he suggested that I try this shit that I could shoot through my veins.

Sparing the details, not even saying what it is.

But it's helping a lot. I feel a whole lot better since that day. Although my actions really haven't been too great, but my mind is pretty calm.

Haven't went out and did shit, but I mostly stayed at home and shot up.

Jace doesn't know and he won't find out. I make sure to get rid of any evidence. It would kill him if he found out, so I have to keep it on the down low.

The class time went by fairly quickly. I was thankful cause I literally had nothing to do to the point where it was driving me crazy.

As I was getting up ready to leave, I heard Mr. Thomas ask me to stay back for a moment. After the last student left, I walked over to him as he was standing at his podium, looking at his computer.

"I wanted to show you something." He said, as he looked at me. I nodded as I watched him type something on his computer then turned the screen around.

I looked at it and saw where it had everyone's grades on it. He pointed at my name and I followed the line until I saw my grade, which made me take a closer look.

"You're failing, Micah." He said as he looks at me. "What's going on?"

Looking at him, I could tell he was pretty upset with me. I've been an A and B student ever since I started here. Now, I have an F in his class which is the first time ever.

"Personal reasons. I'm sorry. I'll do better."

He sighs. "You have everything turned in, but it's not the effort I expected from you. Everything is wrong on everything you turn in and I couldn't understand it."

Shrugging, I held onto my bag strap as I looked back at the computer. It sucks to fail, when I was always ahead of everyone else.

But life does that to you.

"You need someone to talk to? I'm here, Micah. Please don't hesitate to talk."

"I'd rather not talk about my personal life. It doesn't matter if we've known each other for years. I don't like telling people shit."