11 Pokémon Shipwreck

Start from the beginning

"Ekans! Koffing! Go!" Jessie and James called out two Pokémon to battle, a purple snake and a floating purple ball that spat out smoke clouds.

"Here we go!" Ash and Brock sent out a Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Geodude.

Before anyone could launch an attack, the ship began to tip, sending everyone sliding down the hallway. We all crashed into a wall. "The ship will flip over if we don't do something quick!" Misty yelled.

Ash called out, "Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Ekans, Koffing, Geodude, and Luxio, go to the other side now!" Every Pokémon except for the two Pikachu and Meowth ran to the other side of the hall. That only caused the ship to tilt the other way.

After sliding back and forth several times, I had enough of it. "You guys, call back all your Pokémon!" I barked to Jessie, James, Ash, and Brock.

"But Team Rocket will beat us if we call back our Pokémon," Ash said.

"He's right," Brock added.

"We can't worry about that right now. We've got worse troubles!" Remembering our current situation, Ash and Brock recalled their Pokémon as ordered. I looked over at Team Rocket. "Call your Pokémon back too, or I'll throw you into the water!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Jessie and James squeaked, recalling Ekans and Koffing.

The ship immediately leveled out, giving us the chance to stand up again. Misty stood at the head of the group. "Okay then, we all agree that there won't be any battles for now. Let's work together!" Misty suggested.

"Uh, Misty, I don't think that'll work," I said.

Ash, Brock, and Ash's Pikachu growled at Jessie, James, and Meowth.

"Come on now. Shake hands!" Misty and I barked.

"This is a truce. It's not like we're making up," Jessie said.

"I know that," Ash mumbled.

James and Brock stood silently, looking ready to have an arm wrestling match.

Meowth and Pikachu shook hands, but then Pikachu used Thunder Shock to fry the cat.

"Pikachu!" I barked. Ash's Pikachu looked immediately guilty.

"All right, we'll cooperate," Jessie said.

"What should we do to escape?" Ash asked.

"Leave it to me!" Misty cheered. "A long time ago, I built the St. Anne." We all gazed at her in awe. "But it was only a model." We all frowned, no longer amazed. "But I know the interior's layout. If the way out through the deck is cut off, then we need to go up and cut a hole into the ship's hull to escape."

"Go up?" James repeated.

"There are some stairs on the ceiling over there," I said, pointing down the hall. A stairway sat on the ceiling, going up into the bottom of the ship.

"Onix, form some stairs!" Brock called out his Onix, who used its rocky body to make a staircase up to the next level. "All right, let's go!"

Ash and Brock climbed up Onix, closely followed by our Pikachu and Misty. I looked over at Team Rocket. "Aren't you guys coming?" I asked.

The trio replied, "Right!" and climbed up to the next level. Once Luxio and I got up, Brock recalled Onix.

Racing down the hallway together, we reached a section where the power cut out. "I can't see anything," Meowth growled.

"All right, leave it to me," I said, sending out Charmander. Her tail flame illuminated the hallway as we proceeded. "When we get through here, where will we end up?"