"Hey, it's okay if you don't feel the same. Don't cry..."

"It's n-not that." I cry harder as I shield my face from him.

"Then look at me. What's wrong?"

I peak through my fingers and glare at him. "I have a crush on you!"

"O-Oh?" He blinks, and then his lips slowly rise into a smile.

"No, stay there!"

"Okay, okay, geez!" He puts his hands up, laughing a little as he sits in front of me, leaving two feet of distance between us.

"No one has ever liked me before." I sob. "I'm just so touched."

"Uh-huh?" He props one arm up on his knee, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as he listens to me with a little grin on his face.

"Y-You also just opened up to m-me and I'm so happy..." I wipe my eyes as my tears start to blur my vision. "I feel the same way, but I'm just so overwhelmed. I've never felt this way before... You make me feel weird, but the good kind of weird, y-you know?"

Minho nods and I cover my face again as another wave of emotion rushes through me.

"I'm sorry for being a crybaby. Maybe you don't like me now?"

"I'm basically a pro at handling your tears now, silly." He chuckles.

"B-But you always say that you don't wanna deal with people like that though?"

"They're not you." He shrugs.

I pout at his words, breathing deeply to regulate my overflowing feelings.

Minho stares at me and a serene smile appeared on his face. He slowly inches into me and rests a hand on my head, caressing my hair gently.

I look up at him, lips still trembling a little. "Minho, I'm scared."

"Hmm, my scaredy-cat?"

"I don't know how to be in a relationship... and I don't know if I'm ready to be in one. All I expected from people is friendship, you're the only one who went beyond a... a crush."

"I am?" He suddenly stops petting my hair, using the back of his hand to cover his face this time. I blink up at him and nod, then he suddenly groans and covers my face with his other hand.

"Hey, what is that for?"

"Nothing..." He clears his throat and finally uncovers my face and cups them with both hands. "Can I hug you now?"

Once I nodded, he instantly lifts and moves me to his lap, wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my back soothingly with his chin on my shoulder. I bury my face in the crook of his neck because I'm aware that it's burning right now. We're so close and it's a mixture of comfort and nervousness. I'm not used to it and it's a second for me to be in this very intimate position with someone... the former being him too.

Minho's taking all of my firsts and I'm not complaining.

He breaks the silence as he turns sideways so we're facing each other.

"Just because we like each other doesn't mean we should have to be together now. I'd never force you to do something you don't want to do." He tilts my chin up. "Let's take it slow. I can wait until you're ready to claim what's yours."

I blush at his words. "Sure?"

"Sure. It's only fair since I made you wait for the friendship you wanted for so long."

"So it's fair to reject you- no, just kidding!"

He flicks my forehead accompanied by a cold glare. I pout and bump my forehead on his chin in return. He smiles at the gesture and tilts my chin up.