•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗•

Start from the beginning

Cute.

"thank you." I nodded, licking at my lips.

He immediately looked down shyly and nodded before scurrying off.

I chuckled to myself as I walked in, immediately garnering the attention of everyone in the room.

There were stares, whispers, giggling, you name it and they were doing it.

I shrugged it off and took a seat closest to the front, sitting down.

•Hours Later•

"So how you like it so far Bro?" Marquees asked, taking a bite out of his fry.

"ight I guess," I shrugged.

"Nah this shit sucks," Denzel interjected.

"Say that shit again, can't wait till I'm out of here." Donovan agreed.

I stayed silent for the rest of the lunch as they talked. It's not that I was shy, or nervous. I actually wasn't—-just more reserved in a way. If I wanted to talk to you and I felt comfortable enough to do so around you, I would.

I guess the whole idea of school would take some getting used to. Everything just seemed so minuscule, I'd been exposed to so much bad shit that stressing over homework seemed impossible.

"Had my first class with Coach Stone tho, told me that y'all were starting tryouts next week for the team." I nodded, finally speaking up

"yeah—definitely keep a look out for that, we could use you." Donovan nodded.

"I don't know man, there's a lot of shit going on with my family, I don't know if I'll even have the chance." I sighed.

"Damn, like what? Is it serious?" Marquees asked.

"Serious enough to mean I might not be able to play, yeah." I nodded.

About halfway through our conversation I felt someone staring at me, that feeling was right too because as I looked up I made direct eye contact with some girl.

I'm pretty sure I remembered her from the first time I went to the gym, the dark skinned one.

She was pretty, but she wasn't for me.

She wasn't Destin

I did a 'what up' motion with my head to which she giggled in response.

That wasn't the reaction I was going for, I was just tryna be friendly.

"you feelin her bro?" Donovan chuckled, looking between the two of us.

"nah, not like that—she was staring, I just didn't want it to be weird." He explained.

They all chuckled and shook their head, "you ain't foolin' nobody." Marquees laughed.

Foolin' you enough to be with your brother.

"Whatever, I don't have time for shit like that—too much on my plate," I shrugged, "imma see you guys later." I spoke, dapping them all up before dumping my tray and leaving.