Mental Health Awareness Day

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Ben chuckles, "for anyone."

Carlos runs up to the booth next to them, his smile wide as he spots the individually wrapped chocolate cups with peanut butter.

"Well, we'll leave you to that." Jay nods his head as he and Mal break off from the group, curious to see who the redhead was going to follow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Carlos happily listened to the girl explaining the importance of sleep for mental health while he munches away on another chocolate peanut butter cup.

Evie dragged Ben and Doug off to a tent that boasted the psychological effects colors had on the psyche. Which honestly sounded fascinating, but he was sure Evie would answer any questions he had later.

For now, he had a lot of questions about the Circadian Rhythm. He didn't understand why no one else was crowding this booth, the subject was fascinating, and they had chocolate and peanut butter. And she just kept giving him more every time he asked a question.

He looks over his shoulder again when he feels like someone watching him.

"T?" He calls out softly. He knew he was being foolish, though admittedly he was sure that if anyone could find a way out of the barrier, it would be T. That's if he wanted out.

"Uh, well, its Roy, actually."

Carlos' eyes shift from side to side as he turns to look around, only to find himself staring at someone's chin.

He jumps back into the table behind him, surprised by how close the other boy had gotten. "Um, hi?"

"Sup?"

Something about the awkward greeting takes off the edge of his nervousness, his lips even twitch into a ghost of a smile. "Uh, just talking Circadian Rhythm and how it can affect the chemicals in your brain." He slowly holds out one of his prized chocolates, "Want to join?"

"Yes," The older boy grins as he takes the offered chocolate. "Thanks, man."

"No problem." He grins, "My name's Carlos."

"I know," Roy holds out his hand, "mine's Roy."

Carlos stares at the taller boy, disarmed by the familiarity of the situation. Roy was taller than T, and the fact that he didn't hide under a hood made it easier to see his shock of red hair and amber eyes. He chuckles before he reaches out and takes the other boy's hand. He was also the first hero kid to not include their parent's names in their introduction, "Been stalking long?"

"Nope," Roy chuckles as he unwraps the candy, "and I'm guessing I'm trash at it?"

"I have a friend that likes to stalk from all angles to scare the shit outta me, so don't feel too bad. I've had a lotta practice."

"T, I'm guessing?"

"Yeess-" His narrowed eyes quickly widen, "Right, cause I…" He presses his fingers to his temple, "Cause I thought you were T." He sighs in relief.

Roy's eyes sweep over him in amusement. "That was my guess," he chuckles.

"Well, not many people guess T's a name." Carlos offers. It was kind of impressive actually.

"Cause it's just a letter?"

Carlos nods.

"Yeah well, I couldn't miss the look on your face. Like you were really hoping it was T." Roy shrugs as he looks over the candy bowl, "So, yeah, just rolled with it. I mean, Jay's name is pretty much just a letter too."