12. 时光,请回来。

I giggle as I sense Jungkook draw near, my eyes still closed as my lips stretch into a wide grin. My hands reach lazily, fingers brushing the hair at the base of his neck.

"What time is it?" I grumble, swatting his hand away from its grasp on my chin.

"Hm, five-thirty." Jungkook answers lowly, his voice almost resembling a purr.

"What are you doing up at five-thirty on a Saturday morning—" My eyes open when I suddenly recall that Jungkook will be leaving on his flight soon. I'm greeted immediately by the sight of him as he hovers over me, thin, pink lips parted slightly, dark hair brushing over knitted brows.

"I'll help you pack." I murmur as my fingers reach to smooth the deep crease in between his eyebrows, my heart thudding in my ribcage.

"You should sleep more, Yerim." he exhales lightly, a smile tugging at his lips.

"I'll sleep after you leave..." I mumble in defiance—the bedsheets rustle as I sit up, my legs swinging over the edge of the mattress and my feet finding their way into slippers. I quietly gather my hair into a low ponytail, and the cold air rushes under my nightgown and around my neck when I finally stand, making my way towards the door. Jungkook follows behind me to his room, where I tap my lower lip before lugging out a medium-sized suitcase from the closet.

"Let's see, suits...ties...mmfh!" My next words are muffled as a sudden thick fabric is pulled over my head. I realize immediately that I'm now wearing one of Jungkook's hoodies, and it practically falls to my knees in length.

"It's cold." Jungkook coughs from behind me when I turn to glare at him. He'd changed into a button up shirt that had yet to be buttoned at the collar, and my eyes widen at the tempting sight of his collarbone.

"Ah...fine." I huff before returning to my task, whirling about the closet as I arrange outfits for Jungkook in my mind. He only watches me flit around silently, a small smile on his lips when I turn around to eye him, arms crossed.

Jungkook laughs as I walk back up to him, nestling my head against his chest. It feels nicer than I imagined to be held by him. His arms encircle me gently, and that's when I realize I don't want to be let go.

"Yerim, sometimes you have the strangest way of being a kid and a twenty-five year-old at the same time." He tells me, his hand gently resting against my hair.

I murmur a word of dissent, raising my chin to stare up at him. I knew I looked ridiculous in the moment, wearing Jungkook's large clothing that engulfed my form almost completely, its sleeves far too long for my arms. "Take care of yourself. Don't work too hard." I instruct with no room for negotiation, a small sigh overcoming me. "I'll see you off to the door."

We begin our journey downstairs, my steps reluctant and his hesitant, as if neither of us wanted to proceed.

But he was Jeon Jungkook.

And I was Kim Yerim.

Without a question, responsibilities always came first. It's in our blood.

I stare at him quietly as a female secretary of his arrives at our doorstep, the commotion around me fading as Ms. Seo hands the girl a packed meal for Jungkook's breakfast before his flight.